Game Thread: Twins@Brewers, 8/9@7:10pm CT
1. Milwaukee – French fur traders were the first Europeans to settle into the area. Fifty years later the Germans came in waves, followed by Polish immigrants and then the Fonzerellis, Delvecchios, Arcolas, Tuscaderos, DeFazios and Regusas of Italy. The Germans brought beer, the Polish brought sausages, and the Italians brought Happy Days. Milwaukee is known as Festival City. The Germans brought German Fest, the Polish brought Polish Fest and the Summers brought Summer Fest. Milwaukee is constantly under construction and has on average 20 detours per square mile. It used to be the largest city in Wisconsin but now it’s the largest suburb in the greater Chicago metro area.
2. Our Twins – Lately I have been using this space to talk about power. I’ve been pointing out what the lineup looks like without Sano from a power point of view. Right on cue, Sano returned to the lineup last night and the team hit 5 homeruns. Sano struck out 3 times and didn’t hit any actual home runs but obviously the Twins don’t have any power without Sano in the lineup. Pretzel logic is very important when making assessments of your team.
3. The Brewers – The Brew Crew have lost two to the Twins and are blowing a chance to pass the Cubs because the Cubs have let off the gas. The Cards and Pirates are now back in it, too.
4. Today’s Joe M Conversation:
Montana: How are the plans coming for McCarthy’s surprise party?
Mauer: We got everything nailed down… just 1 or 2 small problems to solve.
Montana: Such as?
Maddon: I’m going to need a place to keep the food.
Mauer: Morgan… you got room at your house?
Maddon: Joe… can I store the food at your place?
Morgan: Sure… I think you’ll be surprised by what is left of it when you pick it up.
5. Weird Bumps – My wife was looking at a weird bump on my arm and wondering what it was. I was watching her holding my arm and I was thinking that marriages eventually become weird bump examinations… if they last long enough… and you are doing it right.
Brian Dozier( 2B
Max Kepler RF
Joe Mauer 1B
Miguel Sano 3B
Eddie Rosario LF
Byron Buxton CF
Jorge Polanco SS
Chris Gimenez C
Bartolo Colon P
Domingo Santana RF
Eric Thames 1B
Ryan Braun LF
Manny Pina C
Hernan Perez 3B
Orlando Arcia SS
Eric Sogard 2B
Keon Broxton CF
Brandon Woodruff P
Weather: Seeing as how I'm in Chicago and Milwaukee is just a distant suburb, it's nice here, so it's nice there.
- Blake, Dantes929, Oldgoat_MN and 5 others like this