Game Thread: Twins @ Tigers, 9/21@6:10pm CT
1. 1966 – Mom baked me a cake and brought it to my high chair and then the power went out. She grabbed a candle and put it down to find something to light it. Then the power came back on and everyone started laughing because she put the candle down right in the middle of the cake by accident. Every subsequent birthday that followed, she would add a candle until the cake was a fire hazard and this eventually spread across the globe as the standard birthday celebration tradition, with a slight alteration… instead of blowing out the candles… we eat them.
2. 1971 – It was on my birthday that I discovered that animals can sense changes in the weather. There was a tornado that day and we were warned by the strange behavior of our family dog prior to the storm arriving. Our dog started barking while she circled around the living room a couple of times and then she grabbed the keys to the car and drove to a neighboring town.
3. 1976 – President Carter wasn’t sure if he should do an interview with Playboy magazine. He was worried that they may ask uncomfortable questions about things that were not presidential to talk about. It was my birthday when I told him that he had nothing to worry about because nobody ever reads those articles anyway.
4. 1985 – I made my first trip to Walt Disney World on my birthday and I was there the very day that they reached the 200 million guest mark. All 200 million were at the park waiting in front of me for all rides.
5. 1987 – It was a painful time in my life so I don’t talk about it much, but September 20th 1987 was the day I was fired from the group N.W.A. as the result of a power struggle between Eazy-E and myself. Cube and Dre’ were absolutely on my side but E became too powerful and I was forced out the door. My departure caused a divide and it never healed and eventually led to Cube going solo. I even recorded and rapped my own verse on “Straight Outta Compton” that was edited out.
I’m Straight Outta Compton…
Well… no, not really… I’m from Minnesota so that would be silly.
I eat hot dish.... when the weather goes cold… I dress warmly when it’s 20 below.
I take walleye… from the lake… the DNR tells me how much I can take.
Officer Jim… he is my neighbor… when I need something… he’ll do me a favor.
Today’s Joe M Conversation:
Mauer: What’s wrong, Joe?
McCarthy: My neighbors think I’m an alcoholic.
Morgan: Why would they think that?
McCarthy: They can see what is in my recycling bins in my front yard.
Brian Dozier 2B
Joe Mauer 1B
Jorge Polanco SS
Eddie Rosario LF
Eduardo Escobar 3B
Max Kepler RF
Byron Buxton CF
Jason Castro C
Robbie Grossman DH
Adalberto Mejia P
Ian Kinsler 2B
Jeimer Candelario 3B
Miguel Cabrera 1B
Nick Castellanos RF
Mikie Mahtook LF
James McCann C
John Hicks DH
JaCoby Jones CF
Jose Iglesias SS
Jordan Zimmermann P
Weather: Clear, sunny (until 7:32pm ET), 81 deg F, winds at 7mph from the SSE, not rainy.
Go Twins! Play ball!
- Sconnie, Circus Boy, dbminn and 1 other like this