PDA

View Full Version : Falcon vs. Bat

John Bonnes
04-24-2012, 12:05 AM
So I have to ask - did FSN get the Falcon vs Bat battle that was going on in the 7th inning tonight? I can guarantee you, the fans (and some players) could not have been more distracted by it.

Riverbrian
04-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Didn't see it. What was it?

Highabove
04-24-2012, 12:10 AM
I have seen the Falcon (kestrel) v the Moth.

TwinsGuy55422
04-24-2012, 12:28 AM
That doesn't sound like a fair fight. I had not heard of the kestrel being seen in quite some time.

Gernzy
04-24-2012, 08:43 AM
I couldn't figure out what everyone in the outfield was going nuts about until I saw the Falcon.

Fire Dan Gladden
04-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Sounds like an Arena Football game

nicksaviking
04-25-2012, 11:29 AM
They showed the return of the Falcon, but I can't remember if it was Monday or Tuesday. I did tune out the game after about the 6th inning last night, but previous to that there was no Bruce Wayne sighting.

StormJH1
04-25-2012, 03:02 PM
My friend was at the Monday game (the one where Valencia went yard to left-center) and confirmed that the Kestrel Falcon was back, and eating moths again! Has to be a video somewhere, right?

John Bonnes
04-25-2012, 04:51 PM
OK, so for those who missed it, the falcon dive bombed and grabbed a bat out of mid air in it's talons and flew across the outfield with him. But the bat managed to escape and started flapping furiously to get the hell out of the stadium. The falcon circled, dove again, hit the bat again, but couldn't grab it this time. The bat kept flapping like hell to get out of there. The falcon took a third try, hit but couldn't grab the bat again, and it finally escaped.

The crowd was watching this a lot more than the game. Even the Twins outfielders were having trouble paying attention. They kept looking up, trying to see what the crowd was watching. Eventually, there was a pitching change which stopped play for the last half of the battle. (And I think maybe the umps stopped play very briefly for the beginning of it.)

CharacterGroove
04-26-2012, 07:02 AM
When the outfield started getting loud and restless I assumed the wave as starting. I looked up the second time and saw the falcon release the bat, and then wrap around dive bomb on it again. It was a pretty remarkable scene. The TF cameras caught it during the stoppage of play. I don't remember why the game stopped but I don't think it had anything to do with the air show.