PDA

View Full Version : LaTroy

notoriousgod71
10-28-2013, 11:37 PM
Veteran MLB reliever subdues unruly passenger on airplane | For The Win (http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/veteran-mlb-reliever-subdues-unruly-passenger-on-airplane/page/2/)

nicksaviking
10-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Good stuff. He's a free agent again and still pitching well. He's a known team leader which is something this club needs. Unfortunately, bullpen help isn't really a top priority and his leadership skills in the bullpen won't do the reportedly placid dugout atomosphere much good. Seems like Perkins already has taken on a pretty solid leadership role in the pen also.

TheLeviathan
10-29-2013, 06:41 PM
What longevity he's had. It feels like another life-time ago he was pitching for us.

ChiTownTwinsFan
10-30-2013, 10:26 PM
What longevity he's had. It feels like another life-time ago he was pitching for us.
It WAS a lifetime ago!

Longdistancetwins
10-31-2013, 10:05 AM

I really enjoyed seeing him pitch out in CitiField at the very end of this season. Met fans are amused by my affection for him. I remind my fellow New Yorkers that he is an answer to a trivia question, "Who was the losing pitcher in David Wells' perfect game?" Actually, I don't think he pitched badly that day in 1998, but I was about the only one in the ballpark who noticed.

nicksaviking
10-31-2013, 02:10 PM

With the retirements of Darren Oliver and Mariano Rivera, not only is Hawkins the only active former teammate of Kirby Puckett but he's the only active pitcher who ever stood on the same field with him. A-Rod and Jason Giambi also shared the same field, though I'm not sure Giambi will get a job next year and A-Rod, well... fingers crossed.