PDA

View Full Version : The Twins Way(Well New Way)

Spicoli
10-06-2013, 03:41 AM
In 10' we won the division, since then we have gone through 3 straight 90 loss seasons. We also saw most of our established players leave or be traded. The payroll has gone from over 110mil in 10' to under 50mil right now. What happened? Its sad to say but the only thing I can think of is the death of Carl Pohlad. Yes when he was owner we saw him get rid of some top players and not be an aggressive trader or FA guy but he kept the team competitive and in the playoffs most years because he spent enough to win. Since his kids took over it has gotten really bad. Like I said we have seen 3 straight 90+ loss seasons and it seems like were only getting worse. They have gotten rid(Traded or didn't resign) of some of our most established players including Cuddyer(Just won NL batting title) and Liriano(Had an amazing year and is pitching great in the playoffs) to just name a couple. And they haven't replaced any of them, or even tried to. Its sad, to see a team as respected as the Twins were to become a doormat. They are also wasting one of the best catchers ever and one of the best current players in the league Joe Mauer's career. I cant stand it. We are losing our best players and every game. Yes we have acquired some great prospects because of our losing and if the Pohlads go out and spend money on players now that we have some prospects coming up than you can call me a fool or whatever, but I don't think they will. I think we will be the same team we are now +10 wins maybe even with our top prospects. Why? Because you NEED good pitching to be a good team(And we literally have none), yes Meyer is close but that's it. Look at SF, they went from WS champ to sub .500 team because there pitching was bad. LAA have a great line up and they didn't make the playoffs. The pitchers in FA aren't that great this year so the top pitchers will get over paid which means the Twins wont even consider them, which means no help for us. Really the only thing we can look forward to is seeing how our prospects pan out.

freshinthehouse
10-06-2013, 04:29 AM
The reason we were good from 2001-10 is because the Twins did a fine job of drafting and developing talent, not Carl Pohlad's largesse. How many big money free agents did we sign while Carl was the owner?

Chance
10-06-2013, 06:26 AM
No offense, this post makes no sense. It seems you are very upset with the current, and recent past, state of the Twins. That is understandable. The Young Pohlads are not doing anything much different than their father. Some players leave or get traded and do better elsewhere. This happens to every team. You could argue that the Twins are not doing a good job recognizing or cultivating talent, and you may have a case.

However, this is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I respect it but disagree.

snepp
10-06-2013, 05:07 PM
A good rant wasted by a lack of paragraphs. :p

USAFChief
10-06-2013, 05:33 PM
I think perhaps your lack of experience is handicapping you here.

A good rant is, in fact, enhanced by a lack of paragraphs.

LaBombo
10-06-2013, 05:35 PM

tahwrettamontidaerdluownafsniwTlaera.