PDA

View Full Version : Danny Espinosa?

BBWriterMan
09-11-2013, 11:12 AM
The Twins clearly still need some middle infield help, most specifically at shortstop (Pedro Florimon is not the answer). What do we think of Danny Espinosa of the Washington Nationals? I think he'd be a solid fit, and could be acquired cheaply.Here's an article I did last week on the topic, please feel free to read, react, disagree, etc.

Link: Minnesota Twins Rumors: Should a Young Infielder Be on Their Radar? (http://www.rantsports.com/mlb/2013/09/05/minnesota-twins-rumors-could-they-trade-for-an-infielder-this-offseason/)

beckmt
09-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Numbers seem more like Florimon to me. Do not need Espinosa.

nicksaviking
09-11-2013, 11:53 AM
He's got some power and some speed and I'd prefer him over Florimon, but I suspect Ryan and company would pass due to the very high strikeouts and poor OBP, even if it is an improvement over the incumbant.

LaBombo
09-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Numbers seem more like Florimon to me. Do not need Espinosa.
38 homers in 2011-12. Florimon will probably be lucky if his career total surpasses that. WAR puts Espinosa's value in each of those two seasons as more than double Florimon's 2013 total.

Espinosa's exactly the kind of player the Twins should be considering as low-cost gambles to fill some of the holes and potentially upgrade the second-worst offense in the AL.