PDA

View Full Version : August 25th

Jason
08-25-2013, 03:30 AM
Link (http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?sid=milb&org=142&ymd=20130825)
Indianapolis vs Rochester 12:05 PM
New Britain vs Bowie 1:05 PM

St Lucie vs Fort Myers 1:05 PM Doubleheader
FTM: Hurlbut (0-0, 6.75)

Peoria vs Cedar Rapids 2:05 PM
Elizabethton vs Princeton 5:05 PM
ELZ: Gonsalves (1-0, 1.00)

Bob Sacamento
08-25-2013, 11:08 AM
I'll be at the doubleheader today in Fort Myers, hopefully we can get both in but it's looking like rain again. I'll take pics and notes if anyone cares...

Ncgo4
08-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Please post pics if you can. Could be interesting, I think Buck hits about 40 points higher in day games.

diehardtwinsfan
08-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Sano jacked one in his first at bat today.

MichiganTwins
08-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Sano jacked one in his first at bat today.

Sounds gross.

Ncgo4
08-25-2013, 02:48 PM
No he jacked 2. 1st & 3rd AB's. 4 RBI's. he musts been reading our posts. 33 HR's & 99 RBI's.

Ncgo4
08-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Buxton - single, HBP, triple. Sano - 2 rn HR, ground out, 2 rn HR. They're OK, I guess.

Pitz
08-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Buxton - single, HBP, triple. Sano - 2 rn HR, ground out, 2 rn HR. They're OK, I guess.

Seriously.
Not to mention Rosario 2 for 3 with a double so far.

Days like this sure fuel a lot of excitement for the future!

jokin
08-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Seriously.
Not to mention Rosario 2 for 3 with a double so far.

Days like this sure fuel a lot of excitement for the future!

And days like this further force the issue on promoting them to the next level. I'd really like to see an AFL option for Buxton and AAA promotions and/or Sep. call-ups for Sano and Rosario.

Pitz
08-25-2013, 04:46 PM
And days like this further force the issue on promoting them to the next level. I'd really like to see and AFL option for Buxton and AAA promotions and/or Sep. call-ups for Sano and Rosario.

With you on AAA promotions for Rosario and Sano.
1)They deserve to be a part of a playoff push as they earned a playoff spot for FtM.
2)I think they're both ready for the next level.
3) Glynn > Smith

jokin
08-25-2013, 05:22 PM
1)They deserve to be a part of a playoff push as they earned a playoff spot for FtM.
3) Glynn > Smith

Needless to say, Gene Glynn (MN's first Mr Basketball), came in to a horrible situation and has gotten the utmost production and results from very little to work with (and he lost 2 very capable and experienced coaches from last year- Cuellar and Bruno).

Jstevens14
08-25-2013, 09:25 PM
3) Glynn > Smith
-that could mess up the team chemistry

diehardtwinsfan
08-26-2013, 06:57 AM
Too bad Gonsalves took the loss. He pitched a gem.

Oxtung
08-26-2013, 04:25 PM
I took some pics but mainly of Buxton and I also took video of his 3 at bats in game 1 and will have it up later in the day. Before the game, he signed autographs and chatted it up with the fans. He still doesn't know if he is going to AFL yet but would love to go if given the chance. Asked him about next year possibly playing in the Future's Game and the big league's and he said just taking it one day at a time but can't wait and that it would be awesome to play at Target Field in front of everyone.

Other points, Tyler Jones was throwing hard and with control, popping 97 for the most part. Kennys Vargas running looks like its in slow motion. Buxton makes everything look easy whether its on the bases, at the plate or in the field. I've never seen a hitter (in the minors) pitched around as much as I have seen with Buxton of late. Hurlbut is a groundball machine

Thanks for that. It is always good to hear stuff about relief pitchers that aren't well scouted or perhaps it just isn't published.

Bob Sacamento
08-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Thanks for that. It is always good to hear stuff about relief pitchers that aren't well scouted or perhaps it just isn't published.Well your welcome, like I said he looked sharp the other day. Here is some video I took of Tyler Jones from Game 1 on 8/25/2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc_2uALNEUA

Bob Sacamento
08-27-2013, 09:17 AM
Please post pics if you can. Could be interesting, I think Buck hits about 40 points higher in day games.I took some pics but mainly of Buxton and I also took video of his 3 at bats in game 1 and will have it up later in the day. Before the game, he signed autographs and chatted it up with the fans. He still doesn't know if he is going to AFL yet but would love to go if given the chance. Asked him about next year possibly playing in the Future's Game and the big league's and he said just taking it one day at a time but can't wait and that it would be awesome to play at Target Field in front of everyone.

Other points, Tyler Jones was throwing hard and with control, popping 97 for the most part. Kennys Vargas running looks like its in slow motion. Buxton makes everything look easy whether its on the bases, at the plate or in the field. I've never seen a hitter (in the minors) pitched around as much as I have seen with Buxton of late. Hurlbut is a groundball machine.

Here is video of Buxton's first at bat on 8/25/2013 in Game 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmgZhaXKm0w

Bob Sacamento
08-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Here is video of Buxton's third at bat (I have his second at bat but he was hit by a pitch):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjQiJYeYKxc