PDA

View Full Version : Article: Twins Minor League Report (8/23): Rosario Really Rakes

Seth Stohs
08-24-2013, 12:03 AM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?r=2256-Twins-Minor-League-Report-(8-23)-Rosario-Really-Rakes

YourHouseIsMyHouse
08-24-2013, 01:50 AM
Why didn't Rosario hit for the cycle? Man alive, he's terrible.

AM.
08-24-2013, 05:49 AM
Was at the Rock Cats game last night. Points:

1)The play where the Baysox scored their third and fourth runs was straight out of Little League....swinging bunt, two overthrows in the infield, two runs in and batter winds up on third. Rosario got an error, but it was an over zealous play trying to throw the runner from first going to third.

2)Sano had a number of checked swings in the game, called out on strikes once, and once visibly shaking his head on a checked swing called a swing by the home plate ump. The ump visibly nodded his head that yes, it was a swing. (It wasn't. Sano was right.). It seems like Sano is working on laying off breaking pitches that he is clearly getting more of.

3)Rosario and Sano both had nice plays in the infield; Rosario ranging to his right to get a ball up the middle and making a quick string throw, and Sano aggressively charging across in front of Santana to take a medium hopper to short. He didn't field it totally cleanly, as it bobbled in his glove, but he corralled it and made a strong throw.

Fun game. Rosario can make some solid contact! (Although Sano's single, with a huge amount of spin on it dropping it in front of the left fielder, was probably the hardest hit ball of the night.)

IdahoPilgrim
08-24-2013, 07:35 AM
That was just heartbreaking for the Red Wings last night - losing a 5-run lead in the 9th. A solid start from Diamond wasted, at a time when they can't afford to throw away games like that.

Legend of the Arctic
08-24-2013, 08:16 AM
Why didn't Rosario hit for the cycle? Man alive, he's terrible.

He's not terrible. He just doesn't want to get benched for hitting a "showoff double."

Jeff A
08-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not suggesting the Twins should do this. I'm just curious. If the Twins were to decide on September 1 to move Sano and Rosario back to Class A so they could play in the FSL or ML playoffs, is there any rule that says they couldn't?

Again, I'm not saying they should. If everybody did stuff like that, it would make a mockery of the minor league playoffs, plus you run the risk of getting somebody hurt for no reason. I'm just wondering if there's any rule against it.

apollo_tsg
08-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Not much to say about lastnights kernels game. Lots of hits with not much to show. The new ss looks like he might not be 100 pounds...but he can swing the bat and had surprising pop for as thin as he is.

One strange thing I noticed, after the game we stayed for the fireworks - the qc bandits team came out and sat in the visitors dugout for the show, they had all changed into their normal clothes. I had seats next to the dugout at home plate so I could see inside. I was a bit surprised to see 4 or 5 of their young players wearing other teams hats and shirts... Marlins, cin, and mil are the 3 I remember. The manager was in there as well. I understand how every player likely grew up liking a specific team but to display that and to do it at the ballpark is a bit odd I thought.

apollo_tsg
08-24-2013, 12:55 PM
One last thing max Kepler played so I got to see him in action. He had been doing the 1st base coach the other 2 games. He is full on a professional at what he does. If he is not in the field or getting ready to bat he stands next to the hitting coach (who is non-stop working the scouting book and telling jake about the current batter). I get the feeling his is the prototypical "Twins type" for sure.

LewFordLives
08-24-2013, 01:04 PM
Does anyone know if Alex Meyer is pitching tonight for NB? On their website they still list the starter as TBD.

ashburyjohn
08-24-2013, 01:52 PM
it would make a mockery of the minor league playoffs

I know I shouldn't laugh, because the players probably all go all-out when they get their chance at this. Still... I smiled. Aisle seat, please.

AM.
08-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Does anyone know if Alex Meyer is pitching tonight for NB? On their website they still list the starter as TBD.

I dont know but he last pitched Monday. Lew Ford definitely Lives....starting in RF for Bowie...