PDA

View Full Version : Say it ain't so.....

TheLeviathan
08-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Affleck as Batman just made the kid in me cry.

James
08-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Me too. Get used to seeing this:

ChiTownTwinsFan
08-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Meh. Don't really care.

snepp
08-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Meh. Don't really care.

That's it, turn in your nerd card, you're out of here.

ChiTownTwinsFan
08-27-2013, 09:46 AM
That's it, turn in your nerd card, you're out of here.

Batman and Superman? Just so over and done with. The Avengers, now ... awesome!

Brock Beauchamp
08-27-2013, 11:12 AM
This Batman/Superman movie shouldn't exist anyway so whatever.

I think Affleck is okay but I'm having a hard time hearing him (visually, he has the look) as Bruce Wayne.

DC/Time Warner continues to show that they have no idea what they're doing while Marvel is rolling in piles of money because they spent more than 15 minutes formulating a plan that consisted of more than "hey, let's smash Batman and Superman into the same movie, logic (and film continuity) be damned!"

TheLeviathan
08-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Marvel gets it - superhero movies have to be fun. They can only be serious and dramatic if you have brilliant storytelling. Action and laughs are the real money makers. It's what I'm hoping Fox realizes soon with X-men.

SweetOne69
08-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Another advantage that Marvel has is that it's universe consists of real places instead of the fictional world of DC Comics (Smallville, Gotham City, Metropolis, Star City, etc.).

TheLeviathan
08-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Another advantage that Marvel has is that it's universe consists of real places instead of the fictional world of DC Comics (Smallville, Gotham City, Metropolis, Star City, etc.).

They also have a deeper supply of interesting characters and villains. DC I very top heavy.

Not that I am against top heaviness or anything......

Badsmerf
08-27-2013, 05:31 PM
Not that I am against top heaviness or anything......
Wait... was that about boobs?

*hehe, boobs

TheLeviathan
08-27-2013, 06:24 PM
Wait... was that about boobs?

*hehe, boobs

Your Kate Upton post was the beginning of the end of all decency here.

mike wants wins
08-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Well, no one thought much of Bale before the first movie.....I will give him a chance (if I even see it, I agree, Marvel gets it more than DC).

ChiTownTwinsFan
08-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Wait... was that about moobs?

*hehe, moobs

fify

Joe
09-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Unless it's the first Iron Man, Sin City, or directed by Christopher Nolan, every comic book movie is/has been terrible.

Brock Beauchamp
09-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Unless it's the first Iron Man, Sin City, or directed by Christopher Nolan, every comic book movie is/has been terrible.

Superman 1/2, V for Vendetta, A History of Violence, Batman, Avengers, Captain America, Men in Black, Hellboy, Road to Perdition, X-Men, X-Men First Class... All quality films (and I'm skipping several more that could be counted in the "above average" category).

Badsmerf
09-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Your Kate Upton post was the beginning of the end of all decency here.
Annnnd it was deleted. The world we live in now.... Can't even post pictures of super sexy women. Ahhh, I remember the sluts rule days....

Joe
09-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Superman 1/2, V for Vendetta, A History of Violence, Batman, Avengers, Captain America, Men in Black, Hellboy, Road to Perdition, X-Men, X-Men First Class... All quality films (and I'm skipping several more that could be counted in the "above average" category).

V for Vendetta was pretty awesome. Men in Black had it's time. The rest are all pretty forgettable. It's just my opinion. I'm obviously in the minority.

TheLeviathan
09-06-2013, 11:17 AM

Didnt care for First Class....the sequel probably has me more excited than I should be.

Brock Beauchamp
09-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Didnt care for First Class....the sequel probably has me more excited than I should be.

Oh man, I disagree. I think First Class was the best of the X-Men films.

TheLeviathan
09-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Oh man, I disagree. I think First Class was the best of the X-Men films.

Parts of it were promising. Some of the characters were ok. But it didn't feel like the X-men, it felt like some lame, bastardized version of it to me.

I'm encouraged by parts of it, it's a good place to build from, but it lacks some of the heart and soul of the characters IMO.