PDA

View Full Version : August 22nd

Jason
08-22-2013, 04:16 AM
Link (http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?sid=milb&org=142&ymd=20130822)
Indianapolis vs Rochester 6:05 PM
IND: Taillon (0-1, 4.50) ROC: Dean (1-1, 2.75)

New Britain vs Bowie 6:05 PM
Charlotte vs Fort Myers 5:30 PM
Cedar Rapids vs Quad Cities 7:05 PM
CR: Berrios (7-5, 3.45)

Elizabethton vs Pulaski 6:05 PM
GCL Orioles vs GCL Twins
DSL Padres vs DSL Twins

SydneyTwinsFan
08-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Another solid outing from Sam Gibbons. He hasn't shown the polish and outstanding peripherals that fellow Aussie Thorpe has put up to date, but he's a big unit and projectable and has picked up nicely in his last four outings (1.00 ERA and 15/1 K/BB in 18 IP).

Pitz
08-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Another solid outing from Sam Gibbons. He hasn't shown the polish and outstanding peripherals that fellow Aussie Thorpe has put up to date, but he's a big unit and projectable and has picked up nicely in his last four outings (1.00 ERA and 15/1 K/BB in 18 IP).

Also noticed that Gibbons has been pitching well. The Twins have a large number of intriguing and diverse (Australians, Dominicans, Venezuelans, Taiwanese, etc)pitchers in the rookie leagues. Stewart, Gonsalves, Jorge, and Thorpe have gotten more of the attention but guys like Gibbons, Lo, Romero, Hu and others have also pitched quite well. There seems to be a good deal of depth of young pitchers which is encouraging. Hopefully these guys can continue to develop and move up the system.

oldguy10
08-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Regarding Brad Boyer - What is the reasoning behind signing a career independent league player just to fill out the New Britain roster? In the long run I would think a Fort Myers player should have been promoted, at least there is a little bit of potential there instead of signing a guy who has not played organized ball since 2010.

Pitz
08-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Regarding Brad Boyer - What is the reasoning behind signing a career independent league player just to fill out the New Britain roster? In the long run I would think a Fort Myers player should have been promoted, at least there is a little bit of potential there instead of signing a guy who has not played organized ball since 2010.

I'm responding this without really looking into it, but I'm thinking that maybe they wanted a guy to fill the roster without the need to play everyday. It seems like he replaced Petterson on the NB roster. Petterson is primarily a middle infielder. Right now Santana and Rosario are higher priority prospects than Petterson and need to be playing in front of him. But if they believe Petterson is a guy who is at least a fringe prospect (which he probably is), he needs to be playing every day in order to keep developing.

Pitz
08-22-2013, 07:32 PM
I just looked at the FtM roster. Both Adam Bryant and Aderlin Mejia are on the DL which may have also had something to do with the moves made concerning Petterson and Boyer. Actually probably more so than my previous post.

amjgt
08-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Also, playoffs are probably a consideration.

NB isn't making the playoffs, so you might as well have your filler there for the last week and a half of the reg season

AZTwinsFanJm
08-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Send Rosario, Morales, and Sano back down to Ft. Myers for the playoffs and lets win it!