PDA

View Full Version : August 13th

Jason
08-13-2013, 04:28 AM
Link (http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?sid=milb&org=142&ymd=20130813)

New Hampshire vs New Britain 4:05 PM Doubleheader
NBR: Baxendale (4-5, 5.67)
NBR: Hermsen (1-8, 5.68)

St Lucie vs Fort Myers 5:35 PM
Danville vs Elizabethton 6:05 PM
ELZ: Robb (1-4, 2.87)

DSL Orioles1 vs DSL Twins
GCL Orioles vs GCL Twins

jokin
08-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Meyer with a less eventful 3 innings of rehab shutout ball- 2H, 2K, 2BB. It would be really nice, but probably too optimistic, that he gets the medical "all clear" to start next Monday night for New Britain on FSN.

PseudoSABR
08-13-2013, 05:41 PM
Sano with his 30th homerun of the season.

Larsbars08
08-13-2013, 05:59 PM
I admit I wasn't sure Sano should get a September call-up, but at this point, why not? He's been tearing AA pitching apart the last month or so. At this rate, he's going to be on the MLB team next year. Why not give him his cup of tea in September, wait for his super 2 status to pass next year and then call him up for good in June. Unless Plouffe starts tearing it up, there isn't really any reason to keep Sano down. He's going to strike out a ton, might as well let him start adjusting to major league pitching in September and give him something to work on during the offseason.

AROG
08-13-2013, 06:40 PM
I admit I wasn't sure Sano should get a September call-up, but at this point, why not? He's been tearing AA pitching apart the last month or so. At this rate, he's going to be on the MLB team next year. Why not give him his cup of tea in September, wait for his super 2 status to pass next year and then call him up for good in June. Unless Plouffe starts tearing it up, there isn't really any reason to keep Sano down. He's going to strike out a ton, might as well let him start adjusting to major league pitching in September and give him something to work on during the offseason.

I think the same way, lets see him try his thing against the pros, but sadly I don't believe the Twins will try that. The have only done that (Bring someone from AA to the show) with three players as of late. One was a disaster (Joe Benson), another one has not worked well at all (Hicks) but is still a possibility, and the last one (Parmelee) is still back and forth two years later. With that track record they will be too scared I think.

howieramone
08-13-2013, 07:21 PM
I think the same way, lets see him try his thing against the pros, but sadly I don't believe the Twins will try that. The have only done that (Bring someone from AA to the show) with three players as of late. One was a disaster (Joe Benson), another one has not worked well at all (Hicks) but is still a possibility, and the last one (Parmelee) is still back and forth two years later. With that track record they will be too scared I think.

I don't really disagree with you, but with Sano and Buxton I wouldn't be surprised if the Twins take a unique approach. They have both been handled very well as far as I can see, and I won't be surprised to see Sano get play-off experience in Rochester or time at Target Field.

I'm starting to think the Twins maybe a bit ahead of their rebuild schedule with position players and they may just turn those two loose. I consider the Hicks experiment a success.

TheLeviathan
08-13-2013, 07:42 PM
I consider the Hicks experiment a success.

I would very much like to see this elaborated on. Note: this is stating nothing about his future, only the current state of the experiment.

jokin
08-13-2013, 09:10 PM
I would very much like to see this elaborated on. Note: this is stating nothing about his future, only the current state of the experiment.

is it because he has a better Batting Slash on the Twins than he has since he's been sent back to AAA?

Pius Jefferson
08-13-2013, 10:08 PM
Buxton goes 3 for 4 with 2 rbi's.

Ncgo4
08-14-2013, 05:18 AM
Buxton back at 300 after his 2nd straight 3 hit game (6 for 9). 390 the last 10 games with 8 runs and 5 steals.