PDA

View Full Version : Alexei Ramirez

howeda7
08-10-2013, 04:25 PM
I probably have an inflated view of him because he's a Twins-killer. But the Twins have a black hole at SS and the FA pool this year is awful. Ramirez is over-paid, but the Twins have money to spend. He make $9.5 and $10 m the next two years.

Even though trades in the division are tricky, I think he could be had for a minimum. Maybe Hendriks? Worley at most? I'd pull the trigger. He's far better than what we have and he wouldn't be blocking anyone the next two years.

pab
08-10-2013, 04:30 PM
He cost 20x as much and isn't really any better than Florimon right now.

No thanks.

howeda7
08-10-2013, 04:42 PM
He cost 20x as much and isn't really any better than Florimon right now.

No thanks.

Florimon is Nick Punto with a better arm. He's awful offensively. I'm willing to roll the dice that the decreased power #'s for Ramirez in 2013 are a blip. Even this year, he's far better than Florimon.

stringer bell
08-10-2013, 05:17 PM
I probably have an inflated view of him because he's a Twins-killer. But the Twins have a black hole at SS and the FA pool this year is awful. Ramirez is over-paid, but the Twins have money to spend. He make $9.5 and $10 m the next two years.

Even though trades in the division are tricky, I think he could be had for a minimum. Maybe Hendriks? Worley at most? I'd pull the trigger. He's far better than what we have and he wouldn't be blocking anyone the next two years.Not really a huge fan of Ramirez. I think his power is based on his home park (3 HR this year--holy Justin Morneau!), and I wonder how old he really is. He'll be 32 next month according to the team site.

70charger
08-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Gross. No.

TheLeviathan
08-10-2013, 06:16 PM
I think stringer is right, he just looks like he hit that "old man" wall this year. I like the idea of targeting competent, overpaid players but I don't think he's the right fit.

stringer bell
08-10-2013, 06:31 PM
I think stringer is right, he just looks like he hit that "old man" wall this year. I like the idea of targeting competent, overpaid players but I don't think he's the right fit.There's one of those playing right field for Colorado that I wish the Twins would have retained. I suppose he wouldn't be hitting .330 in the AL at something resembling sea level.