PDA

View Full Version : Doumit Likely to 7-Day Concussion DL

Seth Stohs
08-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Reports from the Twins clubhouse after tonight's game indicate that the reason Ryan Doumit was removed from the game was because of concussion symptoms. Assistant GM Rob Antony said it is likely he will go on the 7-Day Disabled List.

Most likely, Josh Willingham will just take his spot on the roster, though one can't help but wonder if Josmil Pinto might be an option, keeping Chris Herrmann able to play more positions and getting Pinto playing time?

snepp
08-08-2013, 12:39 AM
I blame his pitch framing.

drjim
08-08-2013, 06:53 AM
Makes the roster move easy.

Probably not good that he hid the injury for three days.

E. Andrew
08-08-2013, 08:44 AM

Haha I was just going to say 'I blame the roster move'... ;)

Seth Stohs
08-08-2013, 09:54 AM

To be fair, catchers get hit in the mask all the time, and likely there is a jarring every single time. To distinguish between 'normal' and 'concussion' is probably not easy. Hopefully he's alright!

drjim
08-08-2013, 10:31 AM
To be fair, catchers get hit in the mask all the time, and likely there is a jarring every single time. To distinguish between 'normal' and 'concussion' is probably not easy. Hopefully he's alright!

Agree on all fronts but he reported being nauseous on the flight Sunday after being jarred in the game. Not reporting that is dangerous.

SpiritofVodkaDave
08-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Question: Would bringing Pinto up burn an option?

SweetOne69
08-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Question: Would bringing Pinto up burn an option?

Since he was placed on the 40-man after least season, the option for 2013 has already been burned.

drjim
08-08-2013, 11:38 AM
One other thought is that perhaps Doumit should take his time coming back. I'm fine with him being on the team atthe beginning of next year but the Twins probably don't need him, Morneau and Willingham in the lineup at the same time anymore this season. Parmelee will be back soon and giving Pinto a look might be ok.

Danchat
08-08-2013, 01:36 PM
It's not Pinto time yet, I think we should get our injured guys back up and going. Willlingham, Ramirez, and Mastroianni are all nearing their recoveries. And don't forget about Parmelee...:p

jctwins
08-08-2013, 02:05 PM
There goes any shot at the Playoffs.

SpitefulRabbit617
08-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Thank god no roster moves, I would rather have no one taking at bats that Colabello needs here. More DH time for Morny! :)

jorgenswest
08-08-2013, 03:13 PM
I hope he is OK also and has a quick return. Concussions are serious business. It is a credit to Ryan's character that he is willing to go out there for the team. I am glad baseball is starting to take these injuries seriously.