PDA

View Full Version : Article: Twins Minor League Relief Pitcher of the Month - July

Seth Stohs
08-04-2013, 11:27 AM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?r=2181-Twins-Minor-League-Relief-Pitcher-of-the-Month-July

mike wants wins
08-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Nice group of arms, I'm hopeful the Twins start using their own guys out of the pen more as time goes on. There are some quality relief arms in the minors. I'd like to see them get more chances while the MLB team is bad like this.

TwinsFanInPhilly
08-04-2013, 11:53 AM
I assume Gonsalves will spend most of next season as a starter?

Seth Stohs
08-04-2013, 11:59 AM
I assume Gonsalves will spend most of next season as a starter?

I would agree with that. In fact, he may start now for Elizabethton the rest of the season.

Miles
08-04-2013, 12:16 PM
I saw Ibarra's numbers and thought, "How can you possibly top that?", and then saw Jones' numbers. Pretty impressive month by the top relievers.

Chance
08-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Is there any chance that Ibarra or Jones get a shot at starting again? I'm not saying I want them to or think they should but it would be interesting.

I personally believe Ibarra is better off as a reliever and should join the Twins pen if we lose some guys in August or as a September call-up.

With Jones I think it would be worth moving him back to the rotation in Ft. Myers to start next season.

Seth Stohs
08-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Is there any chance that Ibarra or Jones get a shot at starting again? I'm not saying I want them to or think they should but it would be interesting.

I personally believe Ibarra is better off as a reliever and should join the Twins pen if we lose some guys in August or as a September call-up.

With Jones I think it would be worth moving him back to the rotation in Ft. Myers to start next season.

Agreed. I think Ibarra is a bullpen guy at this point.

Jones probably is a reliever long-term, but now that he's in shape and throwing more strikes, I would have no problem with them trying him as a starter again. I don't think it's likely.

Monkeypaws
08-04-2013, 05:32 PM
How old is Ibarra?

YourHouseIsMyHouse
08-04-2013, 06:11 PM
How old is Ibarra?

He's 24.

I don't think Ibarra is anything special. This is his first good minor league season since his age 20 season in Elizabethton. I'm not convinced that he suddenly became a really solid reliever, but then again I don't know much about him. 50 Innings really just doesn't do it for me. He allows too many baserunners and has questionable control. On the other hand, I think just about anyone is better than Duensing at this point. Although, I think Thielbar has won his role.

lightfoot789
08-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Are you kidding me?
Top Hitter = Milwaukee born Adam Brett Walker
Top Reliever = Milwaukee born Tyler Jones
The Twins better start drafting more kids out of the Brew City

diehardtwinsfan
08-05-2013, 05:46 AM
He's 24.

I don't think Ibarra is anything special. This is his first good minor league season since his age 20 season in Elizabethton. I'm not convinced that he suddenly became a really solid reliever, but then again I don't know much about him. 50 Innings really just doesn't do it for me. He allows too many baserunners and has questionable control. On the other hand, I think just about anyone is better than Duensing at this point. Although, I think Thielbar has won his role.

Seems like he's having a decent year this year in the high minors. The Twins look like they have a pretty nice core of relief prospects coming up through the pipeline to complement the guys they have now. All the more reason to consider trading off a guy like Perkins this offseason if they can get the right price for him.