PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Twins Need to Allow Starters to Go Deeper into Games

SoCalTwinsfan
07-25-2013, 11:45 AM
I looked at how the Twins complain about starters don't go deep into games and then pull them before throwing 100 pitches far too often.

A good example of this happened Wednesday, July 24 in a 1-0 loss to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. The Twins' Mike Pelfrey gave up a run in the first inning and that was it through six innings. However, he was not allowed to go back out for the seventh inning despite throwing just 94 pitches.

You can read the rest of Minnesota Twins Need to Allow Starters to Go Deeper into Games (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/minnesota-twins-allow-starters-deeper-games-152000061.html) at Yahoo! Sports.

Are the Twins pulling the starters too soon? Do the starters need to be more efficient so they can go deeper?

diehardtwinsfan
07-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Most of the time, they are getting pulled because they are getting hit around. I didn't watch the game. If Pelf was dominant in that 6th inning, I'd have let him out there one more. If he's getting lots of loud out, then Gardy made the right choice.