PDA

View Full Version : Official sano HR thread

asmus_ndsu
04-09-2012, 09:30 PM
After blasting 2 HRs tonight making it 3 already this season I thought i would start a thread. This kid is a complete specimen

Riverbrian
04-09-2012, 09:37 PM
I will come back from time to time and read it

Fanatic Jack
04-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Let's hope Joe Vavra or Gardenhire never work with him or he will be ruined.

USAFChief
04-09-2012, 09:46 PM

I prefer to hope he can stay a thirdbaseman, and become a good one, at that.

MWLFan
04-09-2012, 09:54 PM
I have seen him play 3rd in Beloit and actually had my fears calmed by watching him play the position. But it is game 4 and Low A ball and he is 18. Long way to go with him, but so far so good.

Seth Stohs
04-09-2012, 09:57 PM
After blasting 2 HRs tonight making it 3 already this season I thought i would start a thread. This kid is a complete specimen

Not certain that "complete" is the right word. I mean, he's got amazing power, but he's got a long way to go. He's the most exciting prospect the Twins system has had since Mauer/Morneau/Kubel. If he can learn to put the ball in play more, he will be special!

Seth Stohs
04-09-2012, 09:59 PM
The beauty is that both home runs today were hit to the opposite field which means he stays back well and uses the whole field... that's a very good thing!

righty8383
04-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Let me guess...you think Vavra will turn him into a slap hitting, opposite field singles hitter. I alway laugh when I read stuff like this.

bballfan
04-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Not to take anything away from 2 homers - but the wind was howling out to right field ( 25 to 40mph ). I'm surprised that there weren't a few more hit.

gunnarthor
04-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Obviously it's early but the midwest league is supposed to be a pitchers league and Sano is one of the youngest players in the league and he's leading it (very early) in home runs. Very exciting.

Steve Lein
04-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Kevin Goldstein was at the game, couple tweets from him:

"Sano oppo bomb into the wind. Wow moment."

"second home run for Sano. He's hit neither squarely."

"If not, awfully close QT @MnkysThrwngDrts (https://twitter.com/#%21/MnkysThrwngDrts): That's 80 power, right? RT @Kevin_Goldstein (https://twitter.com/#%21/Kevin_Goldstein): second home run for Sano. He's hit neither squarely."

righty8383
04-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Sano's SLG% is no longer 4X his batting average...he just hit a single.

Cody Christie
04-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Well it is good that he showed that he can get something other than a home run. Hopefully there will be some doubles in the mix as well

Seth Stohs
04-10-2012, 01:49 PM
But he just short-hopped the fence for an RBI triple, so adding the single and the triple together, and it's kind of like a home run... right?

Seth Stohs
04-10-2012, 02:20 PM
My tweet from about 20 minutes ago:

SSS Fun: Sano started yesterday 0-1 and was hitting .091 (1-11). Since then, he is 4-5 (1B, 3B, 2-HR) and is now hitting .313 (5-16).

BigVin
04-10-2012, 02:47 PM
My tweet from about 20 minutes ago:

SSS Fun: Sano started yesterday 0-1 and was hitting .091 (1-11). Since then, he is 4-5 (1B, 3B, 2-HR) and is now hitting .313 (5-16).

I just hope that he can do this through every level, and not fizz away once he hits AA ball or something like that. Sano, Rosario, Hicks, and Wimmers are my 4 Favorite Minor-Leaguers.
-Go Twins

Pitz
04-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Not to take anything away from 2 homers - but the wind was howling out to right field ( 25 to 40mph ). I'm surprised that there weren't a few more hit.

From Kevin Goldstein's tweet, it sounded like he hit them into the wind, meaning the wind was blowing in from right.

whydidnt
04-10-2012, 06:48 PM
If he keeps crushing, I hope the Twins don't decide to keep in low-A because of his age. I know it's too early to think of this, but I'd really like to see how he does against some breaking pitches in the upper levels of the minors. He reminds me of M.Cabrera, and Cabrera held his own as a 20 year old for the Marlins. At this point, I know we can only dream of him becoming a Cabrera, but the team's 0-4, let's dream!

darin617
04-10-2012, 07:08 PM

If we are lucky they will both be fired before the season ends to calm your fears.

VodkaDave
04-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Sano's start is encouraging for sure, but he isn't "complete"....yet.

Needs to cut down on his K's but the good news is he is still super young and has power you just can't teach. If he tears up Beloit this season we are looking at top 5-10 prospect in all of baseball!

Neinstein
04-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Sano-ara

tcarlic
04-10-2012, 10:40 PM
dude's a stud!

TRex
04-11-2012, 08:19 AM
My favorite small sample size stats of all time:

Miguel Sano has had 7 plate appearances this year with runners in scoring position. He has 2 walks and 4 hits (1 3B and 3 HR) with 10 RBI; which results in an OPS of 3.857 (.800/.857/3.000)!!!

TRex
04-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Small sample size part II:

I guess even more telling than his prowess with runners in scoring position (presumably meaning pitchers actually have to go after him), Sano is 0 for 8 with the bases empty. To maximize his potential, he is going to have to become very disciplined (as many others have already suggested).

jtrinaldi
04-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Sano-ara

The 1st one is an image I took,i am in kanecounty right now and will be posting pictures when I get back later tonight when I jave axxess to my computer

Steve Lein
04-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Watching him play in Spring Training, it wasn't that hard to notice that pitchers didn't want much to do with him. Saw him take a few walks where not a single decent pitch to swing at was thrown, but this also seemed to be causing him to force it as he also took a couple horrendous swings on a few of those pitches because he obviously wants to hit.

Seems to fit with the whole batting well when pitchers have to throw to him vs. not doing much when they're trying to avoid him. He is taking some walks early on though too, so that's a good sign.

THE DFC
04-15-2012, 10:12 PM
#4 on the board today. What a beast.

asmus_ndsu
04-16-2012, 09:23 PM
#4 on the board today. What a beast.

Awws you best me to it.. If I wasn't lay flying out of town...

asmus_ndsu
04-17-2012, 09:42 PM
BOOM! Number 5 today... And they just keep on coming!

Riverbrian
04-17-2012, 10:33 PM
BOOM! Number 5 today... And they just keep on coming!

I gotta see this kid play. He had like 20 in under 300 at bats last year right? He's like 19 right?

shs_59
04-17-2012, 10:55 PM
#5 thru 10 games is impressive i'm a little concerned about the relatively HIGH K % or K rate.

But the More walks drawn (compared to last year) IS DEFINATELY an encouraging sign.

#1 prospect on the Twins and top 25 in all of baseball no doubt.

ScottyB
04-18-2012, 07:46 AM
Sano - homers on Sunday the 15th and Tuesday the 17th. That's 5 homers, 1 triple and 14 RBI's in 12 games. Average @ .256, but OPB @ .408, OPS 1.100

Jeff P
04-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Sano - homers on Sunday the 15th and Tuesday the 17th. That's 5 homers, 1 triple and 14 RBI's in 12 games. Average @ .256, but OPB @ .408, OPS 1.100

I agree, I am more focused on OBP than batting average.

I guy like Sano is going to strikout a lot, but 14 strikouts in 49 PA is still higher than what I was hoping for. His slugging percentage and OBP is higher than I was expecting so overall I am really excited about Sano.

whydidnt
04-18-2012, 11:36 AM
It appears Pitchers in low A don't really want to throw to Sano. I'm hoping the Twins move him up before too long so he can face some pitchers that are probably not as intimidated. He has the talent to move fast, and I think he'll get better as he faces better competition.

THE DFC
04-18-2012, 11:40 AM
I agree, I am more focused on OBP than batting average.

I guy like Sano is going to strikout a lot, but 14 strikouts in 49 PA is still higher than what I was hoping for. His slugging percentage and OBP is higher than I was expecting so overall I am really excited about Sano.

Yep, you absolutely have to love Sano's improved eye at the plate. He's already drawn nearly half as many walks as he drew in his 66 game season last year.

I've heard that he has a little bit of Pedro Cerrano disease in that he's mashing every fastball he sees but struggles with the curve. However, given the hand-eye coordination it'd have to take to basically hit a homer every other game in a league that he's 3 years young for, I'm not too worried.

Anyone with for in-depth and/or insider information have any more information on his approach with breaking balls? I've also heard his defense has been stellar at third? Any additional info here?

Hopefully, he can close the season with a strong showing at Fort Myers, spend 2013 at New Britain and force a Fall call-up.

Mchans24
04-18-2012, 10:40 PM
He will be in AA after all star break. Start next year in AAA and be ready for big leagues by July!! I know the twins won't allow that to happen but I would love to see it!!

Steve Lein
04-19-2012, 11:54 AM
I'd really like to see the Twins do some fastracking with Sano ala the players he gets compared to, like Miguel Cabrera and Hanley Ramirez. He's already showing more power than either of them did in their MiLB career at the same ages (a lot more, actually), and his average has been better than Cabrera's and pretty much the same as Ramirez's. Cabrera debuted and stuck at age 20, Hanley debuted at 21 and stuck the next season. Neither played at AAA. I think he sticks in the Midwest League this whole season as there's much more to his game that he needs to work on, but next year it's not out of the question he spends time at AA, then in 2014 challenges for a MLB callup/debut before he turns 21.

THE DFC - He's by no means "stellar" at 3B at this point, Big-time arm, but not very good fielder, yet. People say the skill and drive to improve is absolutely there, but he's still just so young (still 18 for another month). Everyone is saying Luke Hughes got DFA'd because he's a bad defender. Well, he owns a .989 career fielding % in the MLB (.953 at 3B), and Sano right now has a career .892 fielding % in the MiLB (is at .960 at 3B so far this year). For another comparison, Danny Valencia has a career .959 fielding % at 3B in the MLB, so take those for what you will.

gunnarthor
04-19-2012, 12:53 PM
I'd really like to see the Twins do some fastracking with Sano ala the players he gets compared to, like Miguel Cabrera and Hanley Ramirez. He's already showing more power than either of them did in their MiLB career at the same ages (a lot more, actually), and his average has been better than Cabrera's and pretty much the same as Ramirez's. Cabrera debuted and stuck at age 20, Hanley debuted at 21 and stuck the next season. Neither played at AAA. I think he sticks in the Midwest League this whole season as there's much more to his game that he needs to work on, but next year it's not out of the question he spends time at AA, then in 2014 challenges for a MLB callup/debut before he turns 21.

THE DFC - He's by no means "stellar" at 3B at this point, Big-time arm, but not very good fielder, yet. People say the skill and drive to improve is absolutely there, but he's still just so young (still 18 for another month). Everyone is saying Luke Hughes got DFA'd because he's a bad defender. Well, he owns a .989 career fielding % in the MLB (.953 at 3B), and Sano right now has a career .892 fielding % in the MiLB (is at .960 at 3B so far this year). For another comparison, Danny Valencia has a career .959 fielding % at 3B in the MLB, so take those for what you will.

I could see him on the Mauer-path. Spend this year in A ball, start next year at A+ with midseason promotion to AA. Debut in the majors at 21. The Twins take some shots for being slow with prospects but looking at their elite prospects - Mauer, Morneau, Kubel, Liriano - all were in the bigs by 22. It's the Plouffe's and Valencia's that don't debut until 25.

asmus_ndsu
04-19-2012, 09:26 PM
#6 tonight... Just another day in the office

Shane Wahl
04-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Huge OPS so far. I would like to see him sustain 900+ for over 250 plate appearances before moving him to Fort Myers.

asmus_ndsu
04-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Very interesting fact is that he is the Midwest league leader in HR SO and BB.... I know it's easy to knock the plate disciplin for having a lot of strikeouts but with an OBP of over 400 and OPS of Over 1100... That's an elite prospect if he maintains the SOs can be overlooked

Seth Stohs
04-20-2012, 08:41 PM
First two doubles of his season tonight!

asmus_ndsu
04-20-2012, 08:51 PM
First two doubles of his season tonight!

Four bases and an rbi... Can we count that as one?

jtrinaldi
04-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Kane county has pitched down and away to sano after hitting his 3rd homer against them last Tuesday. I was watching the game from the box and Everything was down or away, other than the hanging curve that they left up in the zone and he hit it to dead left. Sano has also started to draw intentional walks including a few from KC and Clinton. Pitchers in the MWL are affraid to pitch to him, but that does not mean that he will be moving up by the end of the year.

whydidnt
04-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Well, I think the Twins are foolish to leave him in low A if the Pitchers aren't going to throw him any strikes. If that continues for another month and he proves he can lay off those pitches, they certainly should promote him and let him face pitchers that will throw him strikes. He's not going to get better watching pitches every at bat.

gunnarthor
04-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Well, I think the Twins are foolish to leave him in low A if the Pitchers aren't going to throw him any strikes. If that continues for another month and he proves he can lay off those pitches, they certainly should promote him and let him face pitchers that will throw him strikes. He's not going to get better watching pitches every at bat.

I probably agree but keep in mind they also want him to improve his defense. Let's see where he is in a month. If they still aren't challenging him, then send him up. But he is still striking out a bunch so they are giving him some problems.

jtrinaldi
04-23-2012, 07:32 PM

he has enough defensive flas to keep him in A ball the whole year.

righty8383
04-24-2012, 01:28 PM
I find Miguel Sano's strike out rate very alarming. Even Mark Reynolds, the mlb strike out king, did not strike out this much when he was a prospect.

TRex
04-25-2012, 12:48 PM
I find Miguel Sano's strike out rate very alarming. Even Mark Reynolds, the mlb strike out king, did not strike out this much when he was a prospect.

I see your argument, but I think it is really important to remember that Reynolds (and several other strikeout kings) was a college-seasoned 22 year old playing high-A ball, not an 18 year old kid in low-A. The Miguel Cabrera comparison doesn't quite hold up for strikeouts either. While Miggy struck out much less, he also only hit 7 home runs (with a .709 OPS) as an 18 year old in Kane County.

tcarlic
05-01-2012, 10:46 AM
It's been a while since he's hit one. 12 games or something like that? I suppose it's hard to keep that rate up... Even Willingham hasn't hit one in a long time; although, he almost got one last night.

RinaldiPhotos
05-01-2012, 06:16 PM
It's been a while since he's hit one. 12 games or something like that? I suppose it's hard to keep that rate up... Even Willingham hasn't hit one in a long time; although, he almost got one last night.

Hitting one in a long time isn't a problem. Teams have been pitching around him even throwing intentional walks. They just dont want to pitch to him and when they do it is stuff on the out side corner and half of the "strikes" should be balls....

whydidnt
05-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Hitting one in a long time isn't a problem. Teams have been pitching around him even throwing intentional walks. They just dont want to pitch to him and when they do it is stuff on the out side corner and half of the "strikes" should be balls....
This has been my assumption. Do you get to watch the games, or have you seen reports confirming this? If so, does it make sense for Sano just to keep laying off and taking walks, or is the rest of lineup just not going to make the opposition pay?

RinaldiPhotos
05-02-2012, 06:05 PM
This has been my assumption. Do you get to watch the games, or have you seen reports confirming this? If so, does it make sense for Sano just to keep laying off and taking walks, or is the rest of lineup just not going to make the opposition pay?

I have been to around 6-7 Beloit games so far maybe more. The umpires this league in the MWL aren't that good but thats not Sanos problem. The only stat that I saw is 6 home runs and for all I know what I have said can be completly wrong but it is what I believe. He has tremendous power to the opposite field, he hit a ball over the deck and into the field kiddy corner to the foul pole the other night.

asmus_ndsu
05-04-2012, 09:59 PM
No. 7 tonight... Little bit of a cold spell huh? He must have been sick of all thise EBHs

nicksaviking
05-04-2012, 10:29 PM

I don't know if this is true, but his walk rate has doubled this year while his strikeout rate has remained the same. This would tell me they are pitching around him, which also tells me keeping him in Beloit is not going to help his development. He's not going to improve much if he's not getting challenged by pitching that more closely matches his skill level.

asmus_ndsu
05-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Oops spoke a little soon... No. 8 tonight as well it was a double header

PurplePete
05-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Sano was a beast tonight. Was at the games tonight, along with the 2 homers he added a single, a double and cleared the benches "big timing" his 2nd HR; which was the game winner.

Jim Crikket
05-05-2012, 01:40 AM
The Kernels probably should have pitched around him, too. Though I guess in a way, they did... he got pretty much nothing but off-speed pitches. When he did get a fastball, it was seldom anywhere near the strike zone. I'm inclined to agree with nicksaviking... he's not going to get challenged by the MWL pitchers at this point. It may not hurt him to stick around Beloit through the fist half of the season, but anything beyond that is probably a waste of time. He's not a good defensive ballplayer, but he can work on that just as easily in Fort Myers as Beloit.

jtrinaldi
05-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Today Sano got a 4 pitch walk, didn't even take the bat off his shoulders. Really looking forward to a matchup of him vs. Cardinals top pitching prospect Tyrell Jenkins in a few weeks Tyrell throws damn near 100

Dark Kinetic-Grip
05-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Is Miguel good enough now that we can start saying, he's so good it's Insano?

asmus_ndsu
05-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Dingger no. 9 tonight... Calling NBR

gunnarthor
05-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Dingger no. 9 tonight... Calling NBR

Yeah, and Rosario's doing pretty good too. Both need defensive work but it would be nice to see them move up to A+. Esp since we have so few big time prospects.

Shane Wahl
05-08-2012, 10:11 AM
If they both keep at it like this, I would not be surprised if they are promoted to FTM when the short seasons start.

jtrinaldi
05-08-2012, 08:33 PM
If they both keep at it like this, I would not be surprised if they are promoted to FTM when the short seasons start.
Not happening, have you seen their defensive stats?

nicksaviking
05-08-2012, 08:43 PM
The better coaches are in Ft. Myers. They should be working those issues there.

Jeremy Nygaard
05-08-2012, 08:58 PM
He hit #10 tonight, by the way.

He'll have plenty of chances to hit more in Beloit too.

Neinstein
05-13-2012, 04:23 PM
#11 today.
He knocked out a 3 run shot to Right Field in the 3rd inning off Ambioris Hidalgo just after Wang-Wei Lin and JaDamion Williams both singled.
He now has 35 RBI's.

gunnarthor
05-13-2012, 07:35 PM
#11 today.
He knocked out a 3 run shot to Right Field in the 3rd inning off Ambioris Hidalgo just after Wang-Wei Lin and JaDamion Williams both singled.
He now has 35 RBI's.

Wow. I'm not sure how much longer we can keep him in Beloit. I was hoping to go down there next month to see him but now, might have to go sooner.

jtrinaldi
05-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Wow. I'm not sure how much longer we can keep him in Beloit. I was hoping to go down there next month to see him but now, might have to go sooner.
If he was DH I could see your arguement, but here is an interesting stat For every homer he has hit he has commited an errorr.

minn55441
05-13-2012, 08:23 PM
If he was DH I could see your arguement, but here is an interesting stat For every homer he has hit he has commited an errorr.

Agreed, he has to learn to field his (a) position. He is too young to already pigeon hole him into the DH role. He's young, let him learn the game. Both in the field and at the plate.

nicksaviking
05-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Playing third in Beloit is no different than Ft. Myers, he can work on his defense anywhere in pro ball. Besides, they have better instructors and coaches in Ft. Myers.

whydidnt
05-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Playing third in Beloit is no different than Ft. Myers, he can work on his defense anywhere in pro ball. Besides, they have better instructors and coaches in Ft. Myers.
Have to agree, don't see much benefit to keeping in a low A, when he can learn just as much in the field at Ft. Myers and hopefully continue to advance his game against some better hitters. His value to the Twins will probably never be from his glove, so they best make sure they nurture the bat in every way possible. He seems to be the kind of hitter that we haven't seen come along here for a long time.

Seth Stohs
05-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Again, I agree that defense can be worked on as he moves up... but his strikeout rate will not improve by being pushed up too quickly, will it? How about his baseball instincts? Tom Kelly said he didn't knwo a lot about positioning, where to be, some basics. He's hitting, but there is so much more to this game.

whydidnt
05-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Again, I agree that defense can be worked on as he moves up... but his strikeout rate will not improve by being pushed up too quickly, will it? How about his baseball instincts? Tom Kelly said he didn't knwo a lot about positioning, where to be, some basics. He's hitting, but there is so much more to this game.
Well, you may have seen him more than me, but the strikeout rate may be inflated because pitchers are pitching around him and he's trying to make something happen. Maybe that's not happening, but the walk rate seems to be pretty inflated to. If that is the case, they are hurting his development by leaving him in low ball as he's likely to learn a bad habit. Guys with his kind of talent come along so rarely that I think teams need to treat them differently than they would typically. I'm not sure instincts is the right word to use, since instincts can't be learned, can they? I would agree that some of that knowledge on positioning, etc. comes with experience though. From my perspective though, if he's mashing, you put up with a lot of bad defense and push on. I worry a lot more about a guys glove if he hits like Valencia or Plouffe has with the Twins (or coming up in the system for that matter).

righty8383
05-14-2012, 02:12 AM
For selfish reason I would like Sano to stay in Beloit for another month. The trip is set and the hotel has been booked. The family and I will be going to Appleton, WI on June 10th and watch the Snappers as they are bing hosted by the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers. If Sano and/or Rosario are gone by then I will be a little hurt but expect to have a great time anyway.

Jeff P
05-14-2012, 10:29 AM
It's a small sample size, but Sano's strikeout rate has been much better in May, let's hope that continues. Just taking K/(AB + BB):

April: 32/(87+18) = 30.5%
May: 8/(43+4) = 17.0%

The May number is not realistic longer term, but if his strikeout rate is in the low 20's with his power, that would be good to see. Hopefully he gets to Ft. Myers this year but I can understand if they want to keep him at Beloit for the full year.

Seth Stohs
05-14-2012, 10:31 AM
That is exactly what I would look for with him, and that is encouraging. Now I'd give him until the end of the month and see if that K-rate is still under 25%... if so, it may be time to promote!

jtrinaldi
05-14-2012, 11:54 AM
That is exactly what I would look for with him, and that is encouraging. Now I'd give him until the end of the month and see if that K-rate is still under 25%... if so, it may be time to promote!
Apparently the likely time for his move up is IF/When Beloit clinches first half title, which would be Middle of June. Also, the Twins could leave him in Beloit this year if they want him to play Competitively for something. This has happened many times in the MWL before. Fort Myers isn't going anywhere

RinaldiPhotos
05-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Another thing to consider is the pitching he has seen. He has proven that he can hit off slow throwing relievers and starters. It will be interesting to see how he does against Tyrell Jenkins, Drew Gangon and Austin wood. I would like to see him against Archie, Syndergaardm Nicolino or Sanchez but they don't play them.

YourHouseIsMyHouse
05-14-2012, 02:16 PM
I think Sano is ready for the promotion. The defensive issue will follow him wherever he goes in the minors so the point is moot. Ft. Myers' coaching staff could help him a lot more than the coaches in Beloit. His strikeout rate looks lower overall this year (despite the rk to low A jump) and it hasn't been too big a problem in May thus far. A callup would do much more good than harm to his growth.

asmus_ndsu
05-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Bump... He hit no 12 last night and 13 tonight... Hes been going all plouffy on us hitting bombs and nothing else.... Slumping to only hitting about .140 and only 4 walks for his last 10 games.... On another note can anyone believe this kid just turned 19 this month?

RinaldiPhotos
05-30-2012, 11:12 AM
The one yesterday barley made it out in the corner. His next at bat though he smoked on over the stadium about 5 feet of the pole. That was a blast.

PMKI
05-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Are there any videos of any of his HRs?

USAFChief
06-01-2012, 09:02 PM
STrib headline: Twins won't rush prospect Sano.

In other news, Sun expected to rise early tomorrow.

asmus_ndsu
06-05-2012, 08:24 AM
No. 14 last night

TwinsGuy55422
06-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Hopefully these recent homeruns are a sign that he is getting out of his slump.

Mr. Ed
06-11-2012, 01:38 PM

Grand Slam today. 49 RBIs and counting

glunn
06-11-2012, 01:44 PM

Wow, you are totally on top of this -- posting before today's game is even over.

neky0801
06-11-2012, 01:46 PM

What does this put him on pace for for the season?

roger
06-11-2012, 02:25 PM
The pitcher hung a breaking ball and Sano put the Snappers ahead of 1st place Wisconsin. Trying to win the final game of this series after losing four straight to Wisconsin over the last ten days. In earlier at bats, Sano had another hit and didn't look good on a couple sliders in the dirt. Game is on MiLB, for those interested.

roger
06-11-2012, 02:29 PM
What does this put him on pace for for the season?

32-33 home runs and 107 RBI