PDA

View Full Version : C.J. Wilson- Major League Douchebag

VodkaDave
04-09-2012, 11:35 AM
In addition to the Twins needing a win today to bring up morale (for the fans mostly!)
it would be really nice to beat that punk C.J. Wilson.
Question: Is there anyone more annoying (non Ryan Braun bracket) in all of baseball then this know it all, "straight edge" d-bag?

Kneelb4zerg
04-09-2012, 11:38 AM
A: Torii Hunter.

Seth Stohs
04-09-2012, 11:41 AM
AJ Pierzynski

mike wants wins
04-09-2012, 11:44 AM
nice language....you could make that point w/o that language.

I have no issues with AJ, how can anyone not like Torii?

Kneelb4zerg
04-09-2012, 11:49 AM
nice language....you could make that point w/o that language.

I have no issues with AJ, how can anyone not like Torii?

Because he won't shut up about his former team and teammates, and he basically treated his last season on the Twins as the Torii Hunter free agency tour. "Man, I'd love to play in 'City X.' They really take care of their players here [read: give out bloated contracts to overrated veterans]."

Kirby_Waved_At_Me
04-09-2012, 11:49 AM
I think Lew Ford might have reason to not like Torii right now. My least favorite players usually have little to do with them personally (how well could I possibly know them?). I've never been a fan of David Justice (playing for the Braves, Yankees, Cleveland and Athletics), Nick Swisher (Playing for Oak, the White Sox and now Yankees, he's regularly been playing on the team that elminated the Twins from the playoffs or from contention in recent years), guys like that.

Thrylos
04-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Cliff Lee, Prince Fielder, Everyone with a Detroit, White Sox, Cleveland or KC uniform. Take your pick

luckylager
04-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Hooray for non-drinking, non-smoking, non-druggy intellectuals who can throw the hell out of the ball. CJ Wilson is just the sort of d-bag the Twins need.

Manny Ramierez - now ther's a d-bag who I would never care to see in a Twins uniform.

I'd take AJ back in a heartbeat too.

VodkaDave
04-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Because he won't shut up about his former team and teammates, and he basically treated his last season on the Twins as the Torii Hunter free agency tour. "Man, I'd love to play in 'City X.' They really take care of their players here [read: give out bloated contracts to overrated veterans]."

Hunter has been a smarmy little prick ever since he left Minnesota, and to be honest, he has no reason to. The Twins loved him in his time here, treated him very well and then apparently had the audacity to refuse to overpay to keep him around (read: smart baseball decision) I like Hunter as a player, but his little comments here and there ever since he left Minnesota reeks of bitterness. It should be very, very interesting to see how he reacts once he inevitably declines due to age and is no longer a starter in the league.

VodkaDave
04-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Hooray for non-drinking, non-smoking, non-druggy intellectuals who can throw the hell out of the ball. CJ Wilson is just the sort of d-bag the Twins need.
Intellectual lol!

The dude is a clubhouse cancer, the majority of his teammates in Texas hated him, and there is a reason why the Rangers didn't even try to re-sign him.

striker_86
04-09-2012, 12:10 PM
How come no one has mentioned a Yankee player yet? A-Rod, Jeter? Cmon people....

Gernzy
04-09-2012, 12:54 PM
No one likes A-Rod. As much as I don't like Jeter, I do respect him. From what i've heard he's a good guy.

VodkaDave
04-09-2012, 12:57 PM
No one likes A-Rod. As much as I don't like Jeter, I do respect him. From what i've heard he's a good guy.

Jete is a good guy from what I have heard, a former co worker of mine had a one night stand with him and said while cocky, he was certainly very nice. (but that is a story for a different day I suppose)

nokomismod
04-09-2012, 01:16 PM
AJ Pierzynski
Having not met AJ, I can't really comment, but the guy has been mr. reliable behind the plate since ~2001.

Highabove
04-09-2012, 01:16 PM
A.J. Pierzynski

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/053/248/pierzynski_display_image.jpg?1309202892

nokomismod
04-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Joe Nathan always seemed like a db.

nokomismod
04-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Oh, I forgot about Kyle Lohse!!

nokomismod
04-09-2012, 01:35 PM
In addition to the Twins needing a win today to bring up morale (for the fans mostly!)
it would be really nice to beat that punk C.J. Wilson.
Question: Is there anyone more annoying (non Ryan Braun bracket) in all of baseball then this know it all, "straight edge" d-bag?
I didn't realize he was straight edge. I thought the Rangers would be in to that with Josh Hamilton's CD issues.

Cap'n Piranha
04-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Hunter has been a smarmy little prick ever since he left Minnesota, and to be honest, he has no reason to. The Twins loved him in his time here, treated him very well and then apparently had the audacity to refuse to overpay to keep him around (read: smart baseball decision) I like Hunter as a player, but his little comments here and there ever since he left Minnesota reeks of bitterness. It should be very, very interesting to see how he reacts once he inevitably declines due to age and is no longer a starter in the league.

He also spent most of the Summer of 2007 going on the Dan Barreiro show, oftentimes less than 2 hours before game time, to complain about his unresolved contract situation. I found this incredibly annoying for a couple of reasons;

1. He could have been trying to figure out a way to reverse the team's fortunes. Instead, he focused on himself.

2. He repreatedly stated that it was up to the Twins, and not him, as to whether he woudl be in Minnesota after that year, as if Curt Flood had never come around.

3. He went on to say that it would be better if the Twins would just talk to him, and then flatly refused to even discuss renegotiating his contract.

4. He went on and on about not being shown loyalty by the team, while showing none whatsoever to the organization that made him a millionaire out of high school in 1994 and signed him to a series of contracts (including a 4 year, 48 million dollar contract that was the largest in team history at the time), to say nothing of the fans that bought his jerseys, voted him into all-star games, etc.

I understand that baseball is a business, and while the teams and players both have to look out for themselves first, it drives me crazy when one or ther other pretends that's not what they're doing. If you want to make as much money as possible, just say so. If loyalty to an organization and a fan base is more important, then sign a contract, and go play.

StormJH1
04-10-2012, 07:02 AM
I don't mind Torii. I think he's a good guy at heart. Does he open his mouth and spout off stupid comments occasionally about the Twins or comments such as baseball being akin to "slavery"? Yes, but he was also one of the more beloved Twins for a fan base that had almost a decade of interaction with him.

Lots of players leave in free agency (Fielder, Cliff Lee, Halladay). While I was sad when it happens, the Twins made him a legitimate offer, and he decided to move on. He basically became a right fielder anyway a year into the deal, so much like the Santana thing, it really didn't end up being as big of a loss as it "felt" at the time.

TheLink
04-10-2012, 08:03 PM
I don't get the hatred for Hunter. You can't tell me the Twins wouldn't have been better off the last few years with him on the team. He is exactly what this team has been missing. Had the Twins offered him the year before his deal came up they never would have had to pay him the cash the Angels ended up paying him. They knew the new ball field was coming and they would have the revenue to pay him and Mauer.

If you pay him you also don't have to take the risk with Gomez and then force him to stay in big leagues to justify Santana trade when he wasn't close. It was similar to Vikings moving Moss and then turning around and trying to find player they just discarded.

VodkaDave
04-10-2012, 08:19 PM
I don't get the hatred for Hunter. You can't tell me the Twins wouldn't have been better off the last few years with him on the team. He is exactly what this team has been missing. Had the Twins offered him the year before his deal came up they never would have had to pay him the cash the Angels ended up paying him. They knew the new ball field was coming and they would have the revenue to pay him and Mauer.

If you pay him you also don't have to take the risk with Gomez and then force him to stay in big leagues to justify Santana trade when he wasn't close. It was similar to Vikings moving Moss and then turning around and trying to find player they just discarded.
Where was this extra 18 million a year coming from where they could afford he and Mauer?

TheLink
04-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Where was this extra 18 million a year coming from where they could afford he and Mauer?

You're kidding right? Who says you can't stretch payroll for a few years when you have a window.

nicksaviking
04-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Hunter didn't want to leave, he wanted the Twins to open contract negotiations but they would not so he tried to force the issue by taking his appeal to the public.

Grow up people, most of our favorite players will wear another uniform at somepoint. It's business, generally it's the fans who can't accept the situation who get their feelings hurt. Killebrew, Blyleven and Carew all ended their careers in other cities but we still remember them as Twins. Sometimes we need to change our perspective, no one has betrayed you. If players made decisions so as not to upset fans, they'd be playing for free.

ScrapTheNickname
04-10-2012, 08:41 PM
I disagree completely. To me Hunter is all class all the time.

Bark's Lounge
04-10-2012, 09:01 PM
T-Hunt is a yacker, which leads to positive and negative publicity. Everyone knows that people who talk too much and wear their heart on their sleeve are prone to having an opinion that is unrealistic or viable. I think for the most part he is still beloved amongst the Twin's Community. When he received 18M annually for 5 years from the Angels I was flabergasted and made my peace with it quickly and moved on from his loss. He has not come anywhere close to having the production to justify that contract. I'm glad it is on the Angel's Payroll and Not the Twin's. We could have used his clubhouse leadership in the years since he has left, but 18M per season for T-Hunt is and can only be... laughable.

Teflon
04-10-2012, 09:03 PM
I find it funny that Torii Hunter, who chose to leave Minnesota for more money, gets ovations when he comes to town and A.J. Pierzynski, who got shipped off to make room for the wunderkind, gets booed. Well not really funny. Kind of sad, actually.

Neinstein
04-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Ty Cobb...

Oh, yeah... Roger Clemens

Bark's Lounge
04-10-2012, 09:17 PM
I find it funny that Torii Hunter, who chose to leave Minnesota for more money, gets ovations when he comes to town and A.J. Pierzynski, who got shipped off to make room for the wunderkind, gets booed. Well not really funny. Kind of sad, actually.

Although neither AJ or Mauer would be voted into the Hall of Fame at this juncture by any means. Mauer would get way, way, way, way, way, way more votes than Pierzinski. It seems as if this past season has birthed a breed of Mauer hating monsters. He has won 3 batting titles, more than any catcher in MLB history and when healthy, which he has been rather than not, he is a fantastic defensive catcher with a powerful arm. Don't get me wrong, AJ is a very good player, but no where close to Mauer's Class. NO WHERE!!!

headcheese
04-10-2012, 09:17 PM
papelbon, kevin pukelis

a few years ago i think boston passed the yankees as my most disliked team