PDA

View Full Version : Wild off-season

Jason
07-05-2013, 02:36 AM
Wild reached a agreement with Keith Ballard 2 years $3 million total and Cullen won't be returning according to Russo.

TheLeviathan
07-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Really like the Ballard signing. I hope they find a way to keep Cullen....his line was often the best one.

Gernzy
07-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Fletcher already told Cullen they wouldn't be able to resign him. It's too bad since he's still a great player. Looks like he might be going to Nashville.

I like all the other moves so far as well. I think the Clutterbuck trade will pay off even though I hate seeing Cal leave.

Ohh and PMB to the Islanders. No real loss there. He was never the same player after the concussions.

Jason
07-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
WPG sends 2nd round pick in 2014 to MIN for Devin Setoguchi.

Jason
07-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Wild sign Matt Cooke to a three-year deal. 2.5 million a year.

TheLeviathan
07-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Wild sign Matt Cooke to a three-year deal. 2.5 million a year.

Ugh, I hate that. You have to replace Seto with scoring. Torrey Mitchell already does what Cooke does better and cheaper.

TheLeviathan
07-05-2013, 08:17 PM
I chewed on this a bit more......I HATE this move. Give that 2.5 plus a bit more and sign Stalberg or anyone but this cheap shooting schmuck.

mikecgrimes
07-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Already hated the Ballard move and now Matt Cooke. Looks like I can go without cable until the start of baseball season/NHL playoffs. Get the NHL package through the internet and head up to St Cloud every other weekend for Husky hockey. Screw the Wild. Only thing I will miss is my chance to watch Don Lucia finish 4th in the Big Ten.

Joe
07-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Have to be disappointed with the off season. They're not better by any means. Ish. Another year of ****ty pro hockey in Minnesota.

E. Andrew
07-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Go through Jason Zucker's highlight reel and you have enough reason to watch next year. I don't love the Cooke move, but we'll still have a great top line and lots of depth to play around with.

mikecgrimes
07-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Have to be disappointed with the off season. They're not better by any means. Ish. Another year of ****ty pro hockey in Minnesota.

Look at Mikko Koivu's production from year 1 to year 2. If 2 out of Coyle Brodin Zucker and Granlund make that jump they are much better. Between Parise Suter and Koivu you are pretty close to a great team. If nothing goes crazy injury wise this should be a 4 or 5 seed. Cooke is a good move if he avoids suspensions and can still play that pathetic dirty style that has no place in this league.

Between Cullen Clutterbuck Gilbert and Seteguchi we didn't lose a heck of a lot.

TheLeviathan
07-15-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm excited about Zucker and it's nice to have another skilled power forward...but I am very worried about our depth at center ice.