PDA

View Full Version : Article: Twins Minor League Report (7/4): Power and Pitching Help Kernels

Seth Stohs
07-05-2013, 12:27 AM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?r=2021-Twins-Minor-League-Report-(7-4)-Power-and-Pitching-Help-Kernels

clutterheart
07-05-2013, 02:41 AM
Nice to see Jorge keeping his walk rate down. This was a problem for him in the past and needs to be watched

SD Buhr
07-05-2013, 08:11 AM
I understand that the Florida State League is a little different than other leagues, with teams playing at their respective organizations' spring training sites, but how do you not even have a game scheduled on July 4?

I guess I'm just accustomed to July 4 being one of the biggest, if not the biggest, crowds of the season in Cedar Rapids. Do people in Florida NOT go to baseball games on July 4?

SD Buhr
07-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Just noticed the logo on the video board in the picture. You managed to get that picture just as they were doing the pregame "Twins Organizational Report" which I think is sponsored by some guys who work from their mothers' basements.

Tibs
07-05-2013, 10:22 AM
I understand that the Florida State League is a little different than other leagues, with teams playing at their respective organizations' spring training sites, but how do you not even have a game scheduled on July 4?

I guess I'm just accustomed to July 4 being one of the biggest, if not the biggest, crowds of the season in Cedar Rapids. Do people in Florida NOT go to baseball games on July 4?

I think I can answer that. I was in Florida yesterday and in the area I was in baseball wasn't at the top of the to-do list. Also, I don't think Marlins fans go to baseball games no matter what day it is.

Seth Stohs
07-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Just noticed the logo on the video board in the picture. You managed to get that picture just as they were doing the pregame "Twins Organizational Report" which I think is sponsored by some guys who work from their mothers' basements.

The timing was fully intentional! The field looked great last night.

greengoblinrulz
07-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Butera's last 10 game stretch SCREAM promotion and Im NOT bein sarcastic, but rather a way the front office can at least sell this to media/fans. 12 or last 35 (.343) w/ .457slgg. If there is EVER gonna be a Butera recall this year, its now!!:angry:

YourHouseIsMyHouse
07-05-2013, 11:13 AM
This Fernando Romero interests me. Hot start for him in the GCL.