PDA

View Full Version : Article: Saturday in the (Minor League) Park(s)

Seth Stohs
04-07-2012, 10:53 PM
You can view the page at http://www.twinsdaily.com/content.php?412-Saturday-in-the-(Minor-League)-Park(s)

Han Joelo
04-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Not to be negative, but Michaels and Rosario both notched their second errors. Jairo Perez could've won the game but was caught off base. Sheesh, just one of those days.

If Rosario and Sano can continue to repeat their little 'competition' from last year, its going to be an exciting year.

travistwinstalk
04-08-2012, 10:03 AM
I hate to be negative and am not saying that Blake Martin should not have a job, but in 2 seasons above A ball he has a 7.17 era for New Britain. He is 25 years old and really should not go back to Fort Myers again, but it is obvoius that he cannot handle AA hitters. I think we all know what that means and that is why I was so surprised that he returned to the organization this year. I hate to admit it but I knew what would happen when Martin came into the game yesterday and turns out I was right.

Thrylos
04-08-2012, 01:58 PM
I hate to be negative and am not saying that Blake Martin should not have a job, but in 2 seasons above A ball he has a 7.17 era for New Britain. He is 25 years old and really should not go back to Fort Myers again, but it is obvoius that he cannot handle AA hitters. I think we all know what that means and that is why I was so surprised that he returned to the organization this year. I hate to admit it but I knew what would happen when Martin came into the game yesterday and turns out I was right.

I had very similar thoughts as well... I saw Martin pitch at Fort Meyers last week and he was just, for a luck of better word to describe, goofy. Both his pitching and his demeanor. I think that he is a nice kid and stuff, but I just don't see him stick long (on the other hand players like Gardenhire and Cates were around for long, so...)

Madre Dos
04-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Not to be negative, but Michaels and Rosario both notched their second errors. Jairo Perez could've won the game but was caught off base. Sheesh, just one of those days.

If Rosario and Sano can continue to repeat their little 'competition' from last year, its going to be an exciting year.

Remember Rosie has just changed positions from CF to 2nd base. He will be fine. Your bigger worry will probably be Sano's errors.

MWLFan
04-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Madre Dos-

I have seen Sano for a very small sample, but I think he has the tools to be a good third baseman and saw nothing technically that could keep him from being a average or above player at the position with the glove. My one concern is focus, he seemed a bit casual over there at times. (But in fairness some of our pitchers were taking their time with the ball.) Rosario I think will be fine, he seems to a good enough athlete to adapt to the position. He is having some issue with the smaller glove maybe, because the ball is popping out of it right now on him.

Neinstein
04-10-2012, 08:20 PM

Rosario and Sano (maybe even Ortiz) will provide some much needed entertainment at the plate.

I'm curious what kind of errors Rosario committed. He's not had more than 2 errors in any of his short seasons. Hope he can figure it out!