PDA

View Full Version : How would Sano do in the HR Derby?

Cody Christie
06-28-2013, 09:20 AM
It was announced earlier this week that Miguel Sano will be in New York during the All-Star break to take part in MLB's Future Game.

This got me to thinking...

What if Sano was able to compete in the HR Derby? How would he do against some of the best sluggers currently in baseball?

Let the discussion begin.

tcarlic
06-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Win.

SpiritofVodkaDave
06-28-2013, 11:16 AM
They really need to do a "futures" league home run derby as well.

gunnarthor
06-28-2013, 11:37 AM
He'd do fine. His power is real and he'd just have someone throwing him meatballs. Unless the situation got to him, he'd hit a ton of them.

SgtSchmidt11
06-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Since the pitches are thrown by a guy who's trying to let you hit HR's Sano would probably do quite well. I really wouldn't be surprised.

IdahoPilgrim
06-28-2013, 01:16 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if he did quite well. His power seems to be for real. Even in AA where is average hasn't picked up yet, when he does connect, he hits it a ton.

Ncgo4
06-28-2013, 09:47 PM
Judging by tonight's game...real well if he could get the Indianapolis pitchers to throw to him! 2 HRs, a single & a line out to deep center. 5 RBI's.

nicksaviking
06-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Except in the odd circumstance when Mauer is invited to compete, everyone in the HR derby is some degree of a slugger. Not sure I'd be inclined to think Sano would be automatic when Matt Kemp has a total of three HR in two derbies. Robinson Cano went from winning it in 2011 to hitting no HR in 2012. For a pretty straight-forward contest of a singular attribut, it's a pretty fluky competion.

Red Bull
06-29-2013, 06:14 AM
Usualy the best HR derby guys are the guys who can hit the ball the furthest, which isnt always the guys with the most HRs. Sano can hit the ball super far. Like this year people look at Chris Davis and see his 28Hrs and think he would be teh best HR Derby guy. If only they knew this year and last year combined he has 0 HRs over 450ft. Yes he can hit HRs but he doesnt have the same power as Cabrera, Trumbo, Cespedes, Bautista, Encarnacion and Prince Fielder who all have 3+ 450ft HRs over last year and this combined(I only did AL HR derby candidates). Stanton is a guy I think Sano will be like, he has by far the most power in the MLB. Last year alone Stanton had 7HRs over 450ft, the next closes is Cabrera who had 6 over 450ft last and this year combined. Sano will be just like Stanton but some have said he has more power than Stanton, hopefully its true.