PDA

View Full Version : June 27th

Jason
06-27-2013, 03:15 AM
Link (http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?sid=milb&org=142&ymd=20130627)

Rochester vs Indianapolis 6:05 PM
ROC: Worley (3-3, 3.10)

Reading vs New Britain 5:35 PM
Fort Myers vs Jupiter 5:35 PM

Burlington vs Cedar Rapids 6:35 PM

Princeton vs Elizabethton 6:05 PM
GCL Orioles vs GCL Twins
DSL Padres vs DSL Twins

Vervehound
06-27-2013, 03:02 PM
and welcome to official prospect status, mr. lewis thorpe.

PseudoSABR
06-27-2013, 04:23 PM
and welcome to official prospect status, mr. lewis thorpe.Pfft. Only eight strikeouts over four innings.

diehardtwinsfan
06-27-2013, 05:10 PM
and welcome to official prospect status, mr. lewis thorpe.

This was that bonus baby pitcher they signed in international FA last year right? He's up to 12ks in 8 innings with 1 walk.. 3/1 GB to FB ratio too. Oh, and he was born 1995. Something tells me he's going to be moving up on those lists rather quick if this keeps up.

drjim
06-27-2013, 05:13 PM
This was that bonus baby pitcher they signed in international FA last year right? He's up to 12ks in 8 innings with 1 walk.. 3/1 GB to FB ratio too. Oh, and he was born 1995. Something tells me he's going to be moving up on those lists rather quick if this keeps up.

Him and Minier were the two big international signings last year. Good start for both of them so far.

Vervehound
06-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Pfft. Only eight strikeouts over four innings.

you're hard to please. I like that.

Vervehound
06-27-2013, 07:43 PM

i'd point out that his birthdate is in December of 1995, making him 17. 17 year olds that are not actually 24 year old Dominicans assuming a fake name do NOT pitch like that.

diehardtwinsfan
06-27-2013, 09:05 PM
i'd point out that his birthdate is in December of 1995, making him 17. 17 year olds that are not actually 24 year old Dominicans assuming a fake name do NOT pitch like that.

He's an aussi... I guess that means there's a good chance he's actually 17.

Badsmerf
06-27-2013, 09:25 PM
You better have a cool glass of sweet tea.

Pius Jefferson
06-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Meanwhile at the Hall of Justice....

Sano with number four
Buxton 0-4 with a walk, 2 k's.

Riverbrian
06-27-2013, 11:04 PM

I love that... "Meanwhile at the hall of justice"...

Perfect... Absolutely Perfect...

It is yours so I will ask permission... Can I use that?

Vervehound
06-27-2013, 11:07 PM
You better have a cool glass of sweet tea. my home care attendant is making sure I don't swallow my tongue.

jokin
06-27-2013, 11:15 PM

Sano with number four
Buxton 0-4 with a walk, 2 k's.

Revenge is best served Cold. Justice is best served Hot.

20 year old,Sano, entering his 3rd week playing in a League with a median age of 24, is now OPSing at .831.

19 year old Buxton, finishing his 3rd game playing in a League with a median age of 23 is OPSing at .368.

Bets on the Over-Under from their current OPS-rates come July 31? I'm going with Justice.

stringer bell
06-27-2013, 11:23 PM
Revenge is best served Cold. Justice is best served Hot.

20 year old,Sano, entering his 3rd week playing in a League with a median age of 24, is now OPSing at .831.

19 year old Buxton, finishing his 3rd game playing in a League with a median age of 23 is OPSing at .368.

Bets on the Over-Under from their current OPS-rates come July 31? I'm going with Justice.While OPS is a simple and reliable measure of hitting, Buxton could be an asset with a .700 OPS while Sano probably needs to go .800 to be a positive. That, to me, is why Buxton is the superior prospect.

jokin
06-28-2013, 01:23 AM
While OPS is a simple and reliable measure of hitting, Buxton could be an asset with a .700 OPS while Sano probably needs to go .800 to be a positive. That, to me, is why Buxton is the superior prospect.

His 5-toolsieness certainly makes it possible he leap-frogs Sano to the major leagues. I'm guessing when they both finally stick they will regularly surpass those levels.. There are 13 players in all of baseball that have an OPS over .895 over the last 5 years- 2009-13 (Joe Mauer is ranked 13th).

I am willing to state right now that both Sano and Buxton will have at least one, if not multiple 5-year periods in their careers where they match or exceed that minimum threshold number.

iastfan112
06-28-2013, 03:08 AM
His 5-toolsieness certainly makes it possible he leap-frogs Sano to the major leagues. I'm guessing when they both finally stick they will regularly surpass those levels.. There are 13 players in all of baseball that have an OPS over .895 over the last 5 years- 2009-13 (Joe Mauer is ranked 13th).

I am willing to state right now that both Sano and Buxton will have at least one, if not multiple 5-year periods in their careers where they match or exceed that minimum threshold number.
Bold statement. They're both great prospects but even great prospects can bust(see Delmon Young. At random I typed top 10 prospects in 2005 into google here's what I got(its not pretty): Top 10 prospects for 2005 - MLB - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=1981234)

AScheib50
06-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Bold statement. They're both great prospects but even great prospects can bust(see Delmon Young. At random I typed top 10 prospects in 2005 into google here's what I got(its not pretty): Top 10 prospects for 2005 - MLB - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=1981234)

I could definitely see where that would make you nervous...a list that includes Joel Guzman, Andy Marte and Dallas McPherson is bound to make people ease up on the Sano love. But If i remember correctly Guzman was all projection. I don't think he ever came close to Sano type numbers. McPherson just couldn't get a handle on making enough contact. Sano has already addressed some of his contact issues as I believe he is striking out less this year.

jokin
06-28-2013, 10:53 AM
I could definitely see where that would make you nervous...a list that includes Joel Guzman, Andy Marte and Dallas McPherson is bound to make people ease up on the Sano love. But If i remember correctly Guzman was all projection. I don't think he ever came close to Sano type numbers. McPherson just couldn't get a handle on making enough contact. Sano has already addressed some of his contact issues as I believe he is striking out less this year.

And neither of Sano and Buxton look like busts like Delmon, and have more fit the types that are never going to stop the continuous process of working hard at getting better..... as laid back California Delmon Young ended up doing, getting fat and out of shape in the process. I have never been one to hand out hyperbole on a whim, year-over-year these 2 are demonstating that they are driven and are dealing with the areas of the game where they are deficient (in addition to Sano's markedly improved contact rate and improved K rates, his glove is also getting rave reviews this year- he's diligently putting in the work--- Buxton has all the tools and could coast to the major leagues as a #2 overall pick---- and yet he too, is humbly putting in the work and seeing year-over-year improvements in all phases of his game)....... they will end up being very special ballplayers for the Twins.

AScheib50
06-28-2013, 02:55 PM
I agree, I think that's one thing some overlook with these guys is they get high praise for their work ethic and drive to get better. Some guys buy their own hype and others work their tail off no matter what.

Pius Jefferson
06-28-2013, 04:16 PM
I love that... "Meanwhile at the hall of justice"...

Perfect... Absolutely Perfect...

It is yours so I will ask permission... Can I use that?

Go ahead and use it. It came from the old Superfriends cartoon.