PDA

View Full Version : New Britain has 5 Eastern League All-Stars

stringer bell
06-26-2013, 09:45 PM
The Eastern League named it's All-Stars today. Here are the All-Stars from the Twins affiliate at New Britain:

Josmil Pinto C
Danny Santana SS
Daniel Ortiz OF
AJ Achter P
Trevor May P

Congratulations to all five Rock Cat All-Stars.

Thrylos
06-26-2013, 09:46 PM
Meyer did not make it?
weird

Twins Fan From Afar
06-26-2013, 09:52 PM
I can only assume it's from Meyer's inactivity this past month.

diehardtwinsfan
06-27-2013, 07:09 AM
I can only assume it's from Meyer's inactivity this past month.

It's got to be. He's been pretty good to date... better than May. Given him being shut down, I'm guessing it has more to do with the fact that he wouldn't have played regardless.

mike wants wins
06-27-2013, 09:17 AM
A C and SS.....that's great news, frankly.

birdwatcher
06-27-2013, 09:29 AM
The best part about this list is that none of these guys ranks among our top ten prospects, although May is close.

gunnarthor
06-27-2013, 11:27 AM
The best part about this list is that none of these guys ranks among our top ten prospects, although May is close.

Buxton, Sano, Meyer, Rosario, Stewart, Berrios ... Kepler? Polanco? Eades? ... I don't know, I think May and Pinto could be in our top 10 now after Hicks, Arcia and Gibson got promoted.

Oxtung
06-27-2013, 12:31 PM
May vs. Meyer

It depends on what stats the [insert people who chose team here] were looking at to make their decisions. May does have a better ERA and more IP as well as a better record at 6-4. Those carry a lot of weight with some people.

birdwatcher
06-27-2013, 12:58 PM
Buxton, Sano, Meyer, Rosario, Stewart, Berrios ... Kepler? Polanco? Eades? ... I don't know, I think May and Pinto could be in our top 10 now after Hicks, Arcia and Gibson got promoted.

Could be. They'll have to compete with some others for a top ten spot here at mid-season: Vargas, Tonkin, Minier, Jorge, Harrison, Walker, Hicks, Goodrum, Santana, and maybe a couple of others are going to get nice mid-season reviews. And Bard, Chargois, and Wimmers are off the radar screen because of injury and might come storming back like Kepler has. Just a few years ago, those slots were being filled by the likes of Hughes, Tosoni, and Gutierrez. Rather nice upgrade, woldn't you say?

gunnarthor
06-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Could be. They'll have to compete with some others for a top ten spot here at mid-season: Vargas, Tonkin, Minier, Jorge, Harrison, Walker, Hicks, Goodrum, Santana, and maybe a couple of others are going to get nice mid-season reviews. And Bard, Chargois, and Wimmers are off the radar screen because of injury and might come storming back like Kepler has. Just a few years ago, those slots were being filled by the likes of Hughes, Tosoni, and Gutierrez. Rather nice upgrade, woldn't you say?

Agreed. Minier could be a special guy. I forgot about him. Eades officially signed today. I think he's clearly a top 10 guy now. The last 3 spots in the top 10 are fairly open but fun to think about. But I think May has earned one of them.