PDA

View Full Version : Swiss Baseball

FanFromAffar
06-25-2013, 02:31 PM
So while both my parents grew up in Minnesota (hence was I raised a good Twins fan) I actually live in Switzerland. So lately I've decided to check into the local baseball scene and see what's going on. Baseball here is not really well known (up until recently the baseball federations home page featured a "what is baseball?" video) but there are enough Americans and South Americans to have a league. The Bern Cardinals have a wins average of .857 so I guess they are the top dogs. Their star being Perigo Mejias with 20 RBI and and .676 AVG. Their pitcher Lawson has an ERA of 1.54 (Switzerland is apparently the land of dream stats)

well so that's some of what is going on in baseball in my part of the world. ;)

James
06-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the update. I knew baseball was growing in popularity in Europe, but I can't say I looked into it before.

Can you provide a link to the baseball federation's home page?

kab21
06-25-2013, 08:18 PM
We have a total of 4 teams in Taiwan's pro ball league but we had Manny for 2-3 months.

jokin
06-25-2013, 09:37 PM
So while both my parents grew up in Minnesota (hence was I raised a good Twins fan) I actually live in Switzerland. So lately I've decided to check into the local baseball scene and see what's going on. Baseball here is not really well known (up until recently the baseball federations home page featured a "what is baseball?" video) but there are enough Americans and South Americans to have a league. The Bern Cardinals have a wins average of .857 so I guess they are the top dogs. Their star being Perigo Mejias with 20 RBI and and .676 AVG. Their pitcher Lawson has an ERA of 1.54 (Switzerland is apparently the land of dream stats)

well so that's some of what is going on in baseball in my part of the world. ;)

.676? Yes, but aren't those batting stats inflated by the "Alps-Effect"? Yodel ay hee hoo!!!, indeed.