PDA

View Full Version : Article: Gleeman & The Geek on KFAN!

John Bonnes
04-06-2012, 12:49 PM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?408-Gleeman-The-Geek-on-KFAN!

Loosey
04-06-2012, 01:01 PM
So will the unplugged part be podcastable or only the first hour?

Loosey
04-06-2012, 01:02 PM
I read the next line and answered my own question.

TwinsArmChairGM_Jon
04-06-2012, 07:41 PM
With this dedicated hour of Twins talk on KFAN, that will bring the grand total each week up to one hour (hyperbole intended.) More Twins talk; always a good decision.

John Bonnes
04-06-2012, 08:52 PM
During the season, I think you'll hear quite a bit of Twins talk. PA does a LOT on the Twins, especially during that 11AM FSN hour. Common also talks about them quite a bit, especially with Rosen. Barreiro has Coomer and LaVelle on regularly. I'll grant you: it's never enough, and they won't talk about it as much as ESPN1500 who carrie the Twins, but I think you'll get quite a bit of baseball talk on KFAN.

Neil
04-07-2012, 11:55 AM
That's great, John! It's nice to see your hard word rewarded with a wider audience.

wagwan
04-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Hope you guys are finally making some coin

ltwedt
04-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Great! Congrats! Just hope the "Bigs" don't compromise the spontaneity of the weekly podcasts - I have become addicted! (Well, maybe addicted is a bit strong.)

mike wants wins
04-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Congratulations. Glad it isn't stuck on the morning show.

TwinsArmChairGM_Jon
04-07-2012, 02:39 PM
During the season, I think you'll hear quite a bit of Twins talk. PA does a LOT on the Twins, especially during that 11AM FSN hour. Common also talks about them quite a bit, especially with Rosen. Barreiro has Coomer and LaVelle on regularly. I'll grant you: it's never enough, and they won't talk about it as much as ESPN1500 who carrie the Twins, but I think you'll get quite a bit of baseball talk on KFAN.

I should clarify that my real point was that KFAN didn't have the kind analysis that you and Gleeman offer. I understand they are the Vikings network and are consequently going to talk about them all year 'round, and they do talk Twins to an extent, but your show will be a good addition for them. I moved out of state last fall and still podcast Barreiro and Common regularly. When you only get Fox Sports and ESPN national radio, you quickly start to miss local sports talk which is another reason the Gleeman and the Geek podcast was valuable for me. Congrats on the new gig.

Paul Pleiss
04-08-2012, 04:01 PM
How will this effect the weekly ITunes Gleeman and the Geek Podcast?

Highabove
04-08-2012, 04:02 PM
KFAN will put out much more object analysis then 1500. Unlike Phil Mackey and others, they will probably not take shots at their listeners for being dumb and misinformed.