PDA

View Full Version : Article: The Curious Case of Kyle Gibson

Cody Christie
06-18-2013, 11:16 PM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?r=1910-The-Curious-Case-of-Kyle-Gibson

robbie111
06-18-2013, 11:21 PM
They should bring him up and trade Correia for a prospect if possible. It's also time to see what they have in Albers considering he's 4-0 in June with a 0.92 Whip and threw a complete game shutout this month. I don't see any Twins starters going 9 innings recently.

greengoblinrulz
06-18-2013, 11:25 PM
Twins will keep Gibson down & whenever that 'bad' start happens they will go, "see, he's not ready for the majors yet". Been their M.O. for years for players they dont want to call up.

robbie111
06-18-2013, 11:29 PM
Really if they just ran a 6 man rotation they could bring up Kyle now (and Albers instead of trying to play them agains't each other ala Terry Ryans recent comments) and maybe have Gibson able to pitch till the end of the season. It might also help Pelfrey and Diamond to have an extra day of rest between starts. Also trade Correia while his value is more than a bag of balls.

Kenneth Kitsom
06-19-2013, 12:05 AM
The Twins jerking around a prospect? Well that's unheard of. Way to create bad blood, Mr. Ryan. Gibson will NEVER give the Twins any sort of future discount when he's the one in a position of power. More nice work from one of the most arrogant, worst run organizations in baseball.

howieramone
06-19-2013, 12:19 AM
The Twins jerking around a prospect? Well that's unheard of. Way to create bad blood, Mr. Ryan. Gibson will NEVER give the Twins any sort of future discount when he's the one in a position of power. More nice work from one of the most arrogant, worst run organizations in baseball.

Baseball America would disagree with you.

Winston Smith
06-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Yep this team is so good we don't need him!

troyhobbs
06-19-2013, 09:11 AM
I would send Walters down even though he's been decent. Gibson needs big league experience and Albers can get his shot when they figure out what they're gonna do with Pelfry and Correia, Gibson reaches his innings limit, or someone gets injured. I don't understand the excuses for not calling up Gibson yet.

nicksaviking
06-19-2013, 09:20 AM
Your shouldn't block top prospects, particularly with a staff full of inconsistant AAAA pitchers. Next year if Sano and Rosario are ready, will they have to wait their turn simply because Plouffe and Dozier are playing adaquately? This shouldn't be a tough call, Ryan could pull a name out of a hat to see who Gibson replaces

ThePuck
06-19-2013, 10:00 AM

Once he's in a position of power, he'll be at least 31 years old. Then some people will say it makes no sense to give him a long contract...or so I imagine since some people thought it was a bad idea to give Sanchez as big of a contract as he got....and he's still on the right side of 30.

Dman
06-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Given that state of the rotation you can argue why not bring up Gibson but I don't think the Twins will make many roster moves until after the trade deadline. There is really no reason they need Gibson to pitch in the Bigs this year as they are going to be just as bad next year and he will have the whole year to pitch in 2014.

Personally I think the FO is taking the right approach here in being patient with all the players they have. We need the guys that we have in the Bigs to perform as well as possible so that when the time comes we can hopefully get something for them. Given the great crop of prospects we have coming the roster is going to turn over shortly. You don't want to move guys before you know there true potential. Patience is virtue and hopefully we will be rewarded accordingly.

Oldgoat_MN
06-19-2013, 11:13 AM
I would send Walters down even though he's been decent.

Ryan could pull a name out of a hat to see who Gibson replaces

Methinks we are letting emotion overrule sense.
There is a good deal of baseball still to be played this year.
I believe we will see Gibson & Albers in 2013.

Todd God Walker
06-19-2013, 11:49 AM
They should bring him up and trade Correia for a prospect if possible. It's also time to see what they have in Albers considering he's 4-0 in June with a 0.92 Whip and threw a complete game shutout this month. I don't see any Twins starters going 9 innings recently.
The Twins aren't in the position to trade any starting pitching, especially not our most reliable starter

hawktwinsfan
06-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Major league service time on Dl. When he hits is limit he will go on te Dl. If he is in Minn. he will go on major league Dl

mike wants wins
06-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Service time does not matter when the prospect is 25.......service time does not matter when the prospect is 25.......Service time does not matter when the prospect is 25.......service time does not matter when the prospect is 25.......Service time does not matter when the prospect is 25.......service time does not matter when the prospect is 25.......Service time does not matter when the prospect is 25.......service time does not matter when the prospect is 25.......

ThePuck
06-19-2013, 01:25 PM
The Twins aren't in the position to trade any starting pitching, especially not our most reliable starter

Most reliable pitcher in April...a pitcher who has gotten extremely lucky considering his ERA is slightly under 4.00 while his FIP is almost 5.00.

jerickasdad34
06-19-2013, 01:34 PM
While I understand both sides of the arguement here, im siding with Gibson being called up. If he didnt have a pitching limit, then id be fine with waiting but keeping him in AAA is a waste of what he has left. Big league experience before next year is more important than you think. Remember Lirianos first call up at the end of 05 i think...he got crushed and learned some hars lessons....next year? He dominated 12-3 before getting injured and never being the same...but still! Not saying gibson is Liriano,but just showing how important experience can be before starting a new season..call him up, go to a six man then once he reaches his limit call up albers to replace him and by then correa will probablybe traded anyways for a prospect. Now you have Diamond, Gibson, Albers, walters, and deduno set for next years rotation ( until may and meyer are ready to take over)

jun
06-19-2013, 01:49 PM
I would send Walters down even though he's been decent.

Ryan could pull a name out of a hat to see who Gibson replaces

Methinks we are letting emotion overrule sense.
There is a good deal of baseball still to be played this year.
I believe we will see Gibson & Albers in 2013.

Plain and simple, Diamond and Pelfrey should be demoted, Albers and Gibson should be promoted to major league right now.

jokin
06-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Most reliable pitcher in April...a pitcher who has gotten extremely lucky considering his ERA is slightly under 4.00 while his FIP is almost 5.00.

In his last 5 starts, Correia's ERA is 5.14/ FIP is 5.48/OBA .325/OPS .891. And that was with ducking Detroit on the road in a scheduled Saturday start to face instead, the reeling Milwaukee Brewers, the following Monday. The long-term trend is not KC's friend, notwithstanding his 2 most recent pretty decent starts. I am holding out hope that he hangs in there long enough into July that some team is willing to pull the trigger and take him off our hands for a reasonable return.