PDA

View Full Version : E-town bus crash

Jeremy Nygaard
06-18-2013, 07:03 AM
All members of the Twins are ok after the bus taking the team from Fort Myers to Elizabethton struck a car driving the wrong direction on the freeway. Players hopped on a new bus and are back on their way. Unfortunately, the driver of the car was killed.

Seth Stohs
06-18-2013, 07:08 AM
Very sad... Obviously glad to hear all the people on the Twins bus are OK, but what a scary event!

I don't understand why the Twins organization had them hop the bus at that time. They have host families that likely wouldn't mind if they were there one day earlier. They've been in Ft. Myers for three months now. Why have them endure a 14 hour bus ride overnight? Maybe there is some sense in it.

Jeremy Nygaard
06-18-2013, 07:16 AM
No kidding. What a way to start out a professional career.

I would guess players sleep for most of the ride since it's the middle of the night, but who knows... being on the road in the middle of the night can be a dangerous deal.

Halsey Hall
06-18-2013, 09:12 AM
Very sad... Obviously glad to hear all the people on the Twins bus are OK, but what a scary event!

I don't understand why the Twins organization had them hop the bus at that time. They have host families that likely wouldn't mind if they were there one day earlier. They've been in Ft. Myers for three months now. Why have them endure a 14 hour bus ride overnight? Maybe there is some sense in it.

That is sad, and lucky no one on the bus was hurt.

Getting there a day early still involves a bus ride.

SD Buhr
06-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Scary stuff. Glad all of "our guys" are OK. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the driver of the other vehicle.

mike wants wins
06-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Awful news. So sad.