PDA

View Full Version : Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/17): It's a Miracle

Jeremy Nygaard
06-17-2013, 11:07 PM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?r=1908-Twins-Minor-League-Report-(6-17)-It-s-a-Miracle

Red Bull
06-18-2013, 12:08 AM
So is there any chanels that we can watch the Low A allstar game on?

jokin
06-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Mejia looks like yet another Twins international man of mystery. Do you have a report on whether he has the chops to eventually be good enough to start at SS or 2B? He's still only 21 and seems to have once again hit the ground running at the top of the order in High A.

I noticed that, besides playing virtually every on-field position except catcher and pitcher in his pro career thus far, the plurality of his playing time was at SS- until this season- where it seems the organization is now giving him more extended time at Second.

Interesting take on Salcedo. it looks like he hit his ceiling, which was more like a wall, as a SP last year at Ft Myers. Has he made significant adjustments in mechanics, pitch selection or new pitches that warrant giving him another look?

greengoblinrulz
06-18-2013, 12:29 AM
Antoan Richardson is gonna be the everyday "Anthony Slama" of ROC......no matter the numbers he puts up, TR is gonna decide he's not a major leaguer
I have so little respect for Ryan right now that is he skips Gibson for Albers, Im done with him.

Brad Swanson
06-18-2013, 12:33 AM
Antoan Richardson is gonna be the everyday "Anthony Slama" of ROC......no matter the numbers he puts up, TR is gonna decide he's not a major leaguer
I have so little respect for Ryan right now that is he skips Gibson for Albers, Im done with him.

Richardson has played 30ish games at AAA, this seems a bit premature.

greengoblinrulz
06-18-2013, 12:36 AM
Richardson has played 30ish games at AAA, this seems a bit premature.
Just a prediction

Brad Swanson
06-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Just a prediction

Fair enough.

jokin
06-18-2013, 01:01 AM
Richardson is going to be 30 years of age in October, and relies primarily on speed to make his mark. He's never been close to sticking long-term with a major league roster (9 games as a late-inning replacement with Atlanta in 2011 is the sum total of his major league career). This whole discussion is a blind alley.

glunn
06-18-2013, 01:52 AM
Great article, and it's always good when the affiliates win.

clutterheart
06-18-2013, 04:39 AM
E-Town starts in 2 days!
GCL starts in 3!

SD Buhr
06-18-2013, 08:19 AM
So is there any chanels that we can watch the Low A allstar game on?

The MWL All-Star Game is, I believe, being shown on MiLB.tv (for subscribers, of course).

Jeremy, I suspect there will be more adjustments to the Kernels pitching staff, as well. I know a Kepler for Robb swap rebalances the roster to 13 position players and 12 pitchers, which seems more normal than a 13 man pitching staff, but both manager Jake Mauer and pitching coach Gary Lucas have been insistent all along that the 6-man rotation is going to be a season-long thing and Robb was one of their starting pitchers.

I think they have a day off already on Monday, so they may not need that sixth starter until the second time through the rotation after the break, but unless more than just a couple of starters can begin consistently giving them 6+ innings a game, they're probably going to need the extra bullpen arm before too long.

mike wants wins
06-18-2013, 08:21 AM
All I read was "blah, blah, blah, Kepler finally playing, blah, blah blah.....". Ok, not really, but to me, that was the best news in the whole article.

Halsey Hall
06-18-2013, 09:06 AM
Pretty good chance I'm in that photo behind the bench.

Seth Stohs
06-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Pretty good chance I'm in that photo behind the bench.

That is very cool!

Jeremy Nygaard
06-18-2013, 12:33 PM
Max Kepler is playing CF in EST today... so it appears the reports from him yesterday "being unable to throw" were erroneous.

mlhouse
06-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Not really convinced that Aderlin Mejia is much of a prospect. There is no way he projects to a MLB level shortstop. He has very poor footwork in the field and a below average arm. At the plaer, he will never hit for power.

I was at this game, and frankly, there isn't a single player that played in it other than Zach Jones that is even a marginal major league prospect.

jokin
06-18-2013, 09:57 PM
Not really convinced that Aderlin Mejia is much of a prospect. There is no way he projects to a MLB level shortstop. He has very poor footwork in the field and a below average arm. At the plaer, he will never hit for power.

I was at this game, and frankly, there isn't a single player that played in it other than Zach Jones that is even a marginal major league prospect.

Sorry to hear about Mejia, but I'm afraid that that was what I expected.

I would agree that most of the rest of the roster doesn't project well, but I would hold out some hope for Vargas along with Jones.

I'm awaiting your next report when the reinforcements arrive from Cedar Rapids.

mlhouse
06-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Sorry to hear about Mejia, but I'm afraid that that was what I expected.

I would agree that most of the rest of the roster doesn't project well, but I would hold out some hope for Vargas along with Jones.

I'm awaiting your next report when the reinforcements arrive from Cedar Rapids.

I forgot that Kennys was the DH in the game. But, I think that he is only a step above marginal prospect. He is big and powerful, but his swing is very long and I am not sure if he will be able to make consistent contact above the A+ level. He is also a DH prospect only with almost no mobility on the field.

You never know though. I am glad I am not the one that makes decisions on these young guy's dreams. And, it is fun to watch them play.