PDA

View Full Version : Baseball people as good Samaritans

Sarah
06-17-2013, 01:31 PM
True story: when I was walking across the street by my house this weekend some money fell out of my pocket. A woman rolled down her window and told me that I had just dropped it. When I looked into her car to thank her I noticed that both she and her passenger were wearing Twins shirts…you gotta love baseball fans. That got me thinking about good deeds involving baseball- anyone else have any positive stories to share about baseball fans, players, front office, etc?

Oldgoat_MN
06-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Something about kids baseball - folks are usually friendly, ready to have fun. A ballpark is a positive places to hang out.

Or maybe it's just me. I'm a huge baseball fan and a nice guy.
Who knows?

glunn
06-18-2013, 01:23 AM
I was at a Twins game in Anaheim bonding with fellow Twins fans when a voluptuous blonde Twins fan approached. It just seemed right that we should hug, so I opened my arms and she came right in. She was soft as a pillow and smelled like springtime.

twinsnorth49
06-18-2013, 08:45 AM
I was at a Twins game in Anaheim bonding with fellow Twins fans when a voluptuous blonde Twins fan approached. It just seemed right that we should hug, so I opened my arms and she came right in. She was soft as a pillow and smelled like springtime.

You sir, are a saint.

Riverbrian
06-18-2013, 05:28 PM
I don't know if this fits the thread but I have a story and I feel like telling it.

True Story from about 20 years ago:

I was watching a American Legion Tournament Game in East Grand Forks. Thief River Falls vs Fergus Falls.

It was a windy windy day... Blowing straight across Left Field to Right Field. I was sitting along the 1st base line on the top row of an aluminum portable bleacher. A gust wind came up so strong that it blew my hat off and sent it rolling behind me about 15 yards.

I jumped off the bleacher to go after my hat and a Gentlemen who was older than me was walking past... This stranger ran to my hat to grab it... He didn't walk he actually kind of hustled after it so it didn't get away further.

He collected my hat and walked toward me and when he got about 5 feet from me... He decided to toss it to me... Another gust of wind came up and my hat flew backwards again... Even further than it originally was...

This Gentlemen... Turned around and ran after my hat again... Collected it and this time walked up to me and handed it to me.

Being the funny guy that I am... I went for the joke that came into my head... I said to him "You'll never make the major leagues with an arm like that"

He laughed and walked away.

I didn't know who this stranger was when I said... "You'll never make the major leagues with an arm like that"

Later on... He walked past again... and being the funny guy that I am... I looked at him and put both hands on my hat to let him know that I was securing it.

That's when I noticed who he was.

It was Dave Goltz... He was watching his son play for Fergus Falls.

I thought I was making the "Never make it to the major leagues" joke to a random run of the mill guy.

The fact that it was Dave Goltz and I didn't know it was Dave Goltz made this meh joke... Hilarious.

Anyway... It kind of applies to this thread... Because the Baseball Player Dave Goltz could have walked past my hat and said "not my problem"... I thought he was a nice guy for hustling after it and not keeping it himself after getting it.

Bark's Lounge
06-18-2013, 06:10 PM

Glunn, I am not sure if what you posted creeps me out or if I am in awe that you moonlight as a romance novelist.

ashburyjohn
06-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Romance novels creep me out, so I say, both.