PDA

View Full Version : Hot in Las Angeles.

righty8383
06-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Watching mlb network. Odd decision to have pitcher Zack Grienke bat in the bottom of the 7th but that doesn't matter here.Ian Kennedy throws the 1st pitch right at his head. Greinke is ok but Kennedy should get a LONG suspension for that.There will also be other suspensions that could include managers and coaches. Punches were thrown and fines will be plenty.

notoriousgod71
06-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Surprise, surprise, Greinke being a p---y again. He'd already drilled two guys.

Meanwhile McGwire roid raging.

mikecgrimes
06-11-2013, 11:50 PM
Best part about that is the catcher keeping the mask on the entire fight, including helping toss a guy over the railing. Pathetic he wasn't ejected.

mikecgrimes
06-11-2013, 11:52 PM
Grienke brushed a guys jersey and later after his guy was hit near the head hit a guy in the lower back. If umps wanted to eject him they could have but he really did nothing wrong.

righty8383
06-11-2013, 11:57 PM
Surprise, surprise, Greinke being a p---y again. He'd already drilled two guys.

Meanwhile McGwire roid raging.
You don't like Greinke and that's fine. But they threw at his HEAD! That is a problem. Also about him being a p***y, well he stayed in the game and broke up a double play, so I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. That comment about McGwire was pretty funny.

mikecgrimes
06-12-2013, 12:02 AM
Sissy catcher stands behind plate with facemask on fielding throw to plate on bases clearing double. There was a play to be made, and a potential clearing of the benches if the runner got a good shoulder in on him.

righty8383
06-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Now Mark Ellis gets hit. But it was an 84 MPH slider so fortunately nothing comes of it. Just one that got away.

B Richard
06-12-2013, 12:53 AM
Hearing Vin Scully call it was absolutely priceless. With that said, and I'll try not to make things too personal, I believe Mark McGwire is at best an indelible, filthy smudge on the history of the game

mikecgrimes
06-12-2013, 12:59 AM
Hearing Vin Scully call it was absolutely priceless. With that said, and I'll try not to make things too personal, I believe Mark McGwire is at best an indelible, filthy smudge on the history of the game

McGwire played in the era where there was no question you took stuff to make you stronger. No different then a guy today drinking a red bull in the dugout, sure towards the end it was illegal but he played in a different era then A-Rod or even Bonds.

TheLeviathan
06-12-2013, 10:07 AM
So....does Kennedy not understand that you should try to hit guys in the leg or back? I hate to say it, because I can't stand the Dodgers, but if you go head-hunting twice, that's on you. The other guys have a right to be pissed.

nicksaviking
06-12-2013, 10:26 AM
McGwire played in the era where there was no question you took stuff to make you stronger. No different then a guy today drinking a red bull in the dugout, sure towards the end it was illegal but he played in a different era then A-Rod or even Bonds.

Steroids = Red Bull. Got it.

By the way unperscribed steriods were always illegal.

kab21
06-12-2013, 10:31 AM
So....does Kennedy not understand that you should try to hit guys in the leg or back? I hate to say it, because I can't stand the Dodgers, but if you go head-hunting twice, that's on you. The other guys have a right to be pissed.

Yeah, it doesn't matter how much of a dick Greinke is, you don't throw 92mph fastballs at the head.

Steve Lein
06-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Good take courtesy of my brother about this brawl: Don Mattingly, Kirk Gibson, Mark McGwire, Matt Williams, Alan Trammel, Rick Honeycutt, Charles Nagy, and Don Baylor were all involved in the brawl. What is this, the 1991 All-Star Game?!

nokomismod
06-12-2013, 10:53 AM
I want to take the Dbacks side on this as I like Baylor and Matt Williams a lot more than McGuire and the Dodgers, but you can't throw at anyone's head let alone a star pitcher. Personally, I like Greinke's approach and I hope he doesn't change anything.

B Richard
06-12-2013, 11:32 AM

So you are OK with steroids, just as long as it's accepted publicly? First off, not even close to everyone used them. That kind of mentality is downright insulting to guys who hit for power the right way like Griffey Jr., Frank Thomas, Thome and others. The era is littered with crooks who abused unprescribed steroids, and you can't absolve them just because more guys were doing it back then.

mikecgrimes
06-12-2013, 12:49 PM
I want to take the Dbacks side on this as I like Baylor and Matt Williams a lot more than McGuire and the Dodgers, but you can't throw at anyone's head let alone a star pitcher. Personally, I like Greinke's approach and I hope he doesn't change anything.

What is with people that can't spell Mark McGwire's last name. By the way I stand by my statement that Red Bull is thought of exactly the same way as the stuff McGwire used was thought of in 1998. It might be a little unhealthy but thats on the user.

mikecgrimes
06-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Maybe the difference is that Thome Griffey and Thomas did different kinds of steroids. It's insane to think otherwise. McGwire hit 49 HR's as a rookie yeah we know he did take some stuff but the era had more to do with the fences and the tightly wound ball. And don't give me the Brady Anderson argument unless you want to try to explain Roger Maris.

B Richard
06-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Maybe the difference is that Thome Griffey and Thomas did different kinds of steroids. It's insane to think otherwise.

What kind of wild speculation are you willing to make here? I guess Stanton must be taking something too. Is it possible at all to have a great power tool without using steroids then?

Shane Wahl
06-12-2013, 01:13 PM
The D-Bags, er, D-Backs hit Puig in the head and then Greinke in the head. The Dodgers players and coaches had every right to go fight those jerks.

mikecgrimes
06-12-2013, 03:30 PM
What kind of wild speculation are you willing to make here? I guess Stanton must be taking something too. Is it possible at all to have a great power tool without using steroids then?

I don't know what Thome or Thomas did and I don't care. If they did what there trainers suggested then they did the same thing as McGwire. Frank Thomas never said oh I'm not sure about that it might be illegal in 1996 Jim Thome didn't do that either.

In any event McGwire is one of many former players on the coaching staffs last night and unlike Gibson or Williams he had a right to be angry. Gibson by the way deserves a long suspension, he might not have told him to go high but he did tell him to throw at him.

Riverbrian
06-12-2013, 06:19 PM
I don't care who was right or wrong... I think the Dodgers needed this.

The Dodgers will go on a run now...watch for it... And if they don't go on a run now... They have no chance to win the West... It's over.

The Dodgers have been lacking motivation... The baseball gods just sent them Puig and a divisional rival that pissed them off.

hawkeye forever
06-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Best part about that is the catcher keeping the mask on the entire fight, including helping toss a guy over the railing. Pathetic he wasn't ejected.

The catcher was not involved in tossing the guy over the railing. The guy that was almost throw over the railing was the Diamondbacks hitting coach, so why would the Diamondbacks own catcher be the one doing that. Montero (sp?) was there shielding his coach from the Dodgers. Watch it again.

johnnydakota
06-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Maybe the difference is that Thome Griffey and Thomas did different kinds of steroids. It's insane to think otherwise. McGwire hit 49 HR's as a rookie yeah we know he did take some stuff but the era had more to do with the fences and the tightly wound ball. And don't give me the Brady Anderson argument unless you want to try to explain Roger Maris.

Roger Maris????? leave the original Dakota kid out of your rant