PDA

View Full Version : Article: Talking Minor Leaguers With Paul Molitor

SD Buhr
06-10-2013, 10:51 PM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?r=1872-Talking-Minor-Leaguers-With-Paul-Molitor

Brad Swanson
06-10-2013, 11:05 PM
This is fantastic. Molitor is quite honest about these players, which is really helpful.

Riverbrian
06-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Very Nice... Thanks for sharing that.

Seth Stohs
06-11-2013, 12:26 AM
Just awesome!! What an opportunity!

PseudoSABR
06-11-2013, 02:18 AM
Molitor is an articulate man; and honestly, I admire his approach to give players space to demonstrate their skill set and then try to shape that skill set where needed. I was also glad for the mention that he is a mentor and teaches individuals how to be men (that is, how to hold themselves in one's profession (life)).

Given Molitor's apparent investment--really, he seems passionate about broad organizational approaches and philosophies--and his obvious pedigree and skill set, it's difficult for me not to wonder about his capacity to be the manager of the next group of kids (which, knock-on-wood-bat, might be historical for the franchise).

To read and hear what Molitor has to say about the game makes me wonder if he's being groomed for the managerial job. I doubt I'm alone, but I'm warming to the idea.

clutterheart
06-11-2013, 04:40 AM
Polanco is 19?!? Wow

Blackjack
06-11-2013, 07:36 AM
To read and hear what Molitor has to say about the game makes me wonder if he's being groomed for the managerial job. I doubt I'm alone, but I'm warming to the idea.

But would he want the job?? Now hes got a sweet deal, travel every couple of weeks, you can be the Yoda of the Twins instructors, everybody respects you, then you get to go back to Minnesota and do a little fishing. Managing a major league team has to be a grind, 162 games, starting in February and going until October. Maybe on a winning team thats fun but on a losing team it has to really be tough.

SD Buhr
06-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Polanco is 19?!? Wow

For a few more weeks, yes. Polanco turns 20 on July 5.

Don't Feed the Greed Guy
06-11-2013, 08:08 AM
The article reinforces some assumptions, from 30,000 feet, that a cultural shift is occurring with Brunansky, Steinbach, and Cuellar coaching. Molitor would bring a more aggressive approach to--among other things--the basepaths. Currently the Twins rank 25th out of 30 teams in stolen base attempts per game. Granted, the manager can't coach speed. The roster either gives him that option, or not. But there is something to be said for aggressive play. A manager can coach strategy. Molitor might be the sort of manager who can light the fire.

JB_Iowa
06-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Great read. Thanks so much for taking the time to transcribe the conversation and for posting it.

Monkeypaws
06-11-2013, 09:56 AM
I am sooo glad that Molitor is part of the Twins organization. He has always been the consummate professional.

Nick Nelson
06-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Good, thoughtful answers from Molitor. Nice interview.

hawkeye forever
06-11-2013, 11:57 AM
The article reinforces some assumptions, from 30,000 feet, that a cultural shift is occurring with Brunansky, Steinbach, and Cuellar coaching. Molitor would bring a more aggressive approach to--among other things--the basepaths. Currently the Twins rank 25th out of 30 teams in stolen base attempts per game. Granted, the manager can't coach speed. The roster either gives him that option, or not. But there is something to be said for aggressive play. A manager can coach strategy. Molitor might be the sort of manager who can light the fire.

While the Twins are 25th this year, it should be remembered that last year they were 4th in all of baseball and first in the AL in regards to stolen bases.

DAM DC Twins Fans
06-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Great interview--thanks for posting. Very interesting comments on Harrison.

LimestoneBaggy
06-11-2013, 03:55 PM
This was a great read. Thanks!