PDA

View Full Version : Luke Bard? What happened to him?

boylan
06-04-2013, 02:11 PM
He apparently hasn't pitched in 2013. Is he still with the Twins? Injured?

I know he was injured last year coming into the draft but pitched in the minors after signing.

The Twins were going to try and stretch him out into a starter.

cmb0252
06-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Another injury.

boylan
06-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Another injury.

Do you know any more? There is nothing on the net about it.

Seth Stohs
06-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Do you know any more? There is nothing on the net about it.

It's a shoulder impingement and he's likely out until the end of the month.

boylan
06-04-2013, 02:26 PM
It's a shoulder impingement and he's likely out until the end of the month.

Well that could be grim. Did he have arthroscopic surgery (yet)?

greengoblinrulz
06-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Was a pick to save $$$$....couldve gone 3-3 in first rounders

drjim
06-04-2013, 02:33 PM

He signed for slot right?

howieramone
06-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Do you recall which team spent the most on the draft last year?

cmb0252
06-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Bard had moved into first round consideration before the injury. Twins tried to grab a talented arm with upside who had slipped due to injury. Let's hold off judgement tell he starts pitching again. Dude has some nasty stuff.

mike wants wins
06-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Do you recall which team spent the most on the draft last year?

The team with the most high picks, that had the biggest budget? That spent less than that budget? Was it that one?

cmb0252
06-04-2013, 03:23 PM
The team with the most high picks, that had the biggest budget? That spent less than that budget? Was it that one?

In the Twins defense they did offer Mazilli an over slot offer and he turned it down which lowered total spending. The Twins draft on BA so I don't see the problem if you are a little under your total because a few guys signed under slot. Just because there is a slotting system doesn't mean you have to spend every penny.

cmb0252
06-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Oh, and they signed Zach Jones for over slot before the injury which they turned around and got him signed on the cheap. With Mazilli, two of the guys the tried to go over slot with didn't work out.

mike wants wins
06-04-2013, 03:33 PM
the implication of the statement was that they somehow spent more than other teams, because they wanted to.....not because they could. They spent more than other teams because they had the highest alloted budget. At least I think that's a fair conclusion to reach.

howieramone
06-04-2013, 04:01 PM
the implication of the statement was that they somehow spent more than other teams, because they wanted to.....not because they could. They spent more than other teams because they had the highest alloted budget. At least I think that's a fair conclusion to reach.
There was no implication, but nice try. They spent the most, pure and simple.

boylan
06-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Bard had moved into first round consideration before the injury. Twins tried to grab a talented arm with upside who had slipped due to injury. Let's hold off judgement tell he starts pitching again. Dude has some nasty stuff.

I thought he was a smart pick. He had a muscle tear and that was going to heal. Really no reason he should have dropped if you ask me.

I believe "shoulder impingement" can have a couple of negative outcomes but let's hope it's just spring soreness.

mike wants wins
06-04-2013, 04:26 PM
There was no implication, but nice try. They spent the most, pure and simple.

Apologies, I misunderstood your post. So the point was, they spent the most? That is true for sure.