PDA

View Full Version : Kris Bryant vs UCLA on ESPN3 at 8pm CST

Carneal&Gordon
06-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Could be his last game at San Diego if they lose tonight. Jackie Robinson Field, where UCLA plays, is a tough place to hit home runs at night with the heavy marine layer that comes in off the ocean.

Carneal&Gordon
06-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Bryant 1st AB struck out looking on a questionable strike 3.

My free, on the couch and completely amature scouting take is that he is a tall kid. In depth analysis, I know.

His numbers are obviously incredible.

Carneal&Gordon
06-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Bryant 2nd AB. Flew out to dead center field warning track. Probably a HR in any other ballpark.

Also made a nifty barehanded play to throw runner out on a bunt attempt.

jokin
06-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Bryant 2nd AB. Flew out to dead center field warning track. Probably a HR in any other ballpark.

Also made a nifty barehanded play to throw runner out on a bunt attempt.

Bryant does look the part of an elite draft pick, and he carries himself like a major leaguer already....BTW, that UCLA pitcher looks pretty good, too!

Carneal&Gordon
06-02-2013, 11:11 PM
Bryant 3rd AB. Flew out to opposite field fence, mere foot away from a HR.

Carneal&Gordon
06-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Bryant 4th and final AB. Slow roller to 3rd that he nearly beat out. Good speed and effort being down 6-0 in the 9th.

I must say, very impressive 0-4 and keep in mind UCLA threw a combined 1 hitter to advance to Super Regionals.

Good example of how a box score doesn't tell the story. Any other ballpark and he's 2-4 with 2 HR's.

I would be very happy if the Twins ended up with him and if not hopefully he stays out of the American League.

jokin
06-02-2013, 11:43 PM
You nailed it. "Very impressive" is right. The fact that he is a Boras client might scare away clubs above the Twins, I hope it doesn't scare the Twins away. If they can't get Gray or Appel, I think this is the guy.