PDA

View Full Version : Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/1): High run totals in low levels

Seth Stohs
06-01-2013, 11:11 PM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?r=1820-Twins-Minor-League-Report-(6-1)-High-run-totals-in-low-levels

clutterheart
06-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Beresford seems to have no power. He has 48 hits year with only 5 doubles, no triple and no HRs. He isn't walking much too. He has never produced this well at any level. I think the FO is right to go slow with him.
Morales hit a big slump in April and is only now getting out of it. He might get promoted in June but his track record does not show he deserves it automatically.

jokin
06-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Red Wings. Yikes. How is it physically possible to get 8 hits, 12 WALKS, 1 HBP and only 3 runs? 21 baserunners, 3 of whom were thrown out with the help of OF assists, combined with 4 DPs.

Worely clearly still with work to work on. He gave up 4 Doubles and a HR to a lousy AAA team- Double Yikes.

Pitz
06-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Was it just a day off for Buxton? I noticed he DH'd on Friday and sat out Saturday and am just curious if that signifies anything about his health. Planning to go to the game today and hoping I don't miss him, although I'm sure it'll be great either way.

roger
06-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks Seth, I really like this format. Enjoy the brief summaries with the links to the box scores. Saves a lot of time rather than going to MiLB and hunting through all the leagues/box scores.

Seth Stohs
06-02-2013, 10:30 AM
Beresford seems to have no power. He has 48 hits year with only 5 doubles, no triple and no HRs. He isn't walking much too. He has never produced this well at any level. I think the FO is right to go slow with him.
Morales hit a big slump in April and is only now getting out of it. He might get promoted in June but his track record does not show he deserves it automatically.

Beresford isn't going to hit for power, never was. He's a Gold-Glove caliber middle infielder who would need to hit for average. But, he's done enough at AA at this point.

Morales is a guy who will be a free agent after the season. He's in his third year at Ft. Myers. Mid-June is fine with me, but he needs to be pushed forward to New Britain.

Seth Stohs
06-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Was it just a day off for Buxton? I noticed he DH'd on Friday and sat out Saturday and am just curious if that signifies anything about his health. Planning to go to the game today and hoping I don't miss him, although I'm sure it'll be great either way.

I understand he was working with the trainer beforehand, so there could be some minor injury. I'm trying to get some information on that.

But even if he's not there, that lineup is fun to watch. Lots of great prospects.

Dinger
06-02-2013, 11:21 AM
I live in CR and he left the stadium a few games ago with a bag of ice on his hand. I've heard it's just a sprain...

birdwatcher
06-02-2013, 11:25 AM
I guess I don't see any problem with the non-promorions of Beresford and Morales, albeit for different reasons. The only thing I find inexplicable is how pathetic Morales was to start the season, and how completely he dissappears at times. Beresford would likely get chewed up and spit out in MLB right now. If we have a string of injuries, I'd rather still have Olmedo and those vets in AAA to call up. Might feel differently if Beresford's development was likely to be accelerated by a promotion and if he was more than a fringe prospect.

Seth Stohs
06-02-2013, 11:31 AM
I live in CR and he left the stadium a few games ago with a bag of ice on his hand. I've heard it's just a sprain...

Just got a response from Jake saying the Buxton is 'just sore" and will likely get "a few days."

YourHouseIsMyHouse
06-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Is German Minier playing in the DSL?

TwinsFanInPhilly
06-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Seth (or anyone else who knows) - What's the book on Aderlin Mejia as far as his fielding goes?

Seth Stohs
06-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Is German Minier playing in the DSL?

Doesn't look like it. We'll see if he's in today's box score or not.