PDA

View Full Version : Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/29): Rochester Comebacks

Cody Christie
05-29-2013, 10:58 PM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?r=1803-Twins-Minor-League-Report-(5-29)-Rochester-Comebacks

greengoblinrulz
05-29-2013, 11:28 PM
With Baxendale in AA, they have 6 starters & BJ Hermsen gets demoted to the pen & takes the lead as the pitching equilivant of Joe Benson after being the organizational pitcher of the year.

Vargas' power numbers are SO impressive...he needs to be promoted to New Brit along with Morales/Rosario/Sano ASAP.

Seth Stohs
05-30-2013, 06:05 AM
Yeah, if you look at Isolated Power, Vargas's numbers are very impressive... not quite Sano-like, but very impressive!

tjsyam921
05-30-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm guessing Baxendale struggled while trying to be to perfect after his call up to AA. Hopefully he settles down and continues like he was in Ft Myers.

nicksaviking
05-30-2013, 12:54 PM
I'm sure he'll be just fine but it's still a bummer about Baxendale though we probably shouldn't be surprised.

We all like to talk about how well Sano, Rosario and now Vargas are doing in the Florida State League and we often mention they are putting up these numbers despite playing in a pitchers league. On the opposite end of the spectrum, we never really qualified Baxendale's success with that caveat. Though as I said, I'm sure he'll be fine.

Seth Stohs
05-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Baxendale will be fine. He actually started the game with three innings of giving up only an unearned run. But absolutely there will be an adjustment. Very good point by Nicksaviking about the FSL. They always say that the true test of a college pitcher starts in AA.