PDA

View Full Version : Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/28): Pitching the 2012 Draft Arms

Seth Stohs
05-28-2013, 11:07 PM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?r=1796-Twins-Minor-League-Report-(5-28)-Pitching-the-2012-Draft-Arms

TRex
05-29-2013, 12:04 AM
Hey Seth,
In 11 May appearances, Tonkin has not allowed an earned run through 12.1 innings, amassing 20 strikeouts with only 3 walks. How long do you think they will wait to call him up to AAA (or perhaps directly to the Twins)?

clutterheart
05-29-2013, 12:15 AM
Mejia
He seems a little old for e-town. Hope he stays where he's at.

Seth Stohs
05-29-2013, 12:34 AM
Hey Seth,
In 11 May appearances, Tonkin has not allowed an earned run through 12.1 innings, amassing 20 strikeouts with only 3 walks. How long do you think they will wait to call him up to AAA (or perhaps directly to the Twins)?

I mean, it could be pretty much any time there is a need at this point. Whenever there is an injury in Rochester, or the Twins. We'll see. He's pretty close.Let's see him have another strong June. He was "OK" in April.

Seth Stohs
05-29-2013, 12:36 AM
Mejia
He seems a little old for e-town. Hope he stays where he's at.

He just turned 21, so he would be right about league average in the Appy League. I think that, if nothing else, he will 'only go back' to Cedar Rapids instead of ETown. He's very young for the FSL... (Though he's a year older than Sano)

mike wants wins
05-29-2013, 08:04 AM
Rochester is not a good pitching staff, how is there not a need now? I don't get the hesitancy to promote prospects in favor of guys we know are not good.

Nice night for the 2012 draft class, let's hope they can continue to improve. They desperately need these pitchers to work out. Soon.

jokin
05-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Rochester is not a good pitching staff, how is there not a need now? I don't get the hesitancy to promote prospects in favor of guys we know are not good.

Nice night for the 2012 draft class, let's hope they can continue to improve. They desperately need these pitchers to work out. Soon.

Is it that they are in that much fear of Red Wing AAAAers spreading their malcontent cancer?

At least for the pitchers....rather than clearing out the deadwood, they sign more non-prospects and defy their own claims by readily promoting the less than worthy. I won't be a bit surprised when Hermsen or Pat Dean get the promotion nod next- hey, it's their "turn.'

mnfanforlife
05-29-2013, 10:30 PM
Why is Zach Jones not getting any love? MLB.com added Levi Michael to the top-20 list instead of Baxendale, Jones, Duffey, Vargas, Pinto, Tonkin, etc., etc....IMO Levi Michael will not make it out of AA