PDA

View Full Version : Rosario Benched

CK
05-25-2013, 10:51 AM
According to LEN III, Eddie has been benched this past week because of his "approach to the game". This doesn't sound too good, but right on par with the past 2 weeks. Has this happened before with such a highly rated prospect? Anyone have any more info?

Shane Wahl
05-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Definitely need more details about this.

greengoblinrulz
05-25-2013, 11:13 AM
heard Molitor talk about it a bit

Oldgoat_MN
05-25-2013, 11:15 AM
heard Molitor talk about it a bit

Oh, OK. And what, pray tell, did Molitor say?

jorgenswest
05-25-2013, 11:18 AM
I don't need more details.

It is better for Rosario for the Twins to keep the discipline in house. He's a young guy and messed up somehow. He is benched for a few games. It happens.

Aaron Cross
05-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Or maybe he's pissed he's still in Single A. I don't blame him.

Shane Wahl
05-25-2013, 11:21 AM
I don't need more details.

It is better for Rosario for the Twins to keep the discipline in house. He's a young guy and messed up somehow. He is benched for a few games. It happens.

Really? You just assume the Twins are in the right and that the best punishment was to bench a top prospect?

jorgenswest
05-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Really? You just assume the Twins are in the right and that the best punishment was to bench a top prospect?

I know that young guys can need discipline. I don't think it helps when the details become public. I trust Mientkiewicz to discipline the players when needed (even top prospects).

A guy is benched for a few days. It's not going to slow his development. Lack of discipline will hinder development.

kab21
05-25-2013, 11:46 AM

Come on. He's only played 39 games in Ft Myers. there is no reason for him (or you) to be pissed about not being promoted.

diehardtwinsfan
05-25-2013, 12:10 PM
I know that young guys can need discipline. I don't think it helps when the details become public. I trust Mientkiewicz to discipline the players when needed (even top prospects).

A guy is benched for a few days. It's not going to slow his development. Lack of discipline will hinder development.

If there's a guy on in this system who can tell you first hand how a bad attitude can sour some things, it would be Dougie... If people remember right, he didn't take the Morneau thing very well.

Twins Twerp
05-25-2013, 12:32 PM

This is what is wrong with America today.

Kwak
05-25-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm guessing this was "leaked" by the Twins. So much for "keeping things in-house".

IdahoPilgrim
05-25-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm guessing this was "leaked" by the Twins. So much for "keeping things in-house".

Statement two would be appropriate if statement one was factual, but as statement one is a guess and not a fact, statement two doesn't hold.

gunnarthor
05-25-2013, 03:21 PM
According to LEN III, Eddie has been benched this past week because of his "approach to the game". This doesn't sound too good, but right on par with the past 2 weeks. Has this happened before with such a highly rated prospect? Anyone have any more info?

I'm sure it happens a lot. The Rockies demoted one of thier top prospects to EST for missing a team flight (although rumors suggested other issues as well). A few games on the bench isn't anything to get too upset over.

greengoblinrulz
05-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Oh, OK. And what, pray tell, did Molitor say?
had to leave quick, basically said Rosario wasnt paying full attention to baseball. In blowout games he was giving up ABs & lackadasical in the field. Told him he needs to have the same attention in blowout games than close games. This is an attention getter to him I suppose.

Dance with Disco Dan
05-25-2013, 03:46 PM
had to leave quick, basically said Rosario wasnt paying full attention to baseball. In blowout games he was giving up ABs & lackadasical in the field. Told him he needs to have the same attention in blowout games than close games. This is an attention getter to him I suppose.

If that is the sum total of Rosario's transgressions, I am pleased as that is the most benign of the scenarios that I crossed my mind when this thread started. I am glad the benching was not related to off-field issues or insubordination/churlishness. Unless Rosario is completely clueless (a la Hanley Ramirez), he will recognize and acknowledge his lack of effort and come back playing harder.

Addendum: All of the above assumes Rosario was actually giving up at bats and playing lackadaisically as reported by GreenGoblin. I know a small segment of the posters are not willing to rule out that the Twins are simply making up reasons to antagonize one of their best prospects by benching him. To antagonize is sometimes its own reward, I guess??

Shane Wahl
05-25-2013, 05:27 PM

That's not bad, then. Thanks for providing some DETAILS. As those, you know, were actually needed for this story.

jorgenswest
05-25-2013, 06:51 PM
He is playing today.

CK
05-25-2013, 08:03 PM

Heard the same Molitor interview on 1500 a week or two ago. When the Miracle were put in a first inning hole, he basically checked out offensively and defensively. Had some miscues. The benching makes me think that his game has been slipping more with the recent "slide" by the team. I hope Molitor is asked about it this week. His stuff is gold. When asked if Buxton is a 30-30 guy he quickly answered, "yes" deadpan. Expected him to be more reserved or hedge a little.

jokin
05-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Heard the same Molitor interview on 1500 a week or two ago. When the Miracle were put in a first inning hole, he basically checked out offensively and defensively. Had some miscues. The benching makes me think that his game has been slipping more with the recent "slide" by the team. I hope Molitor is asked about it this week. His stuff is gold. When asked if Buxton is a 30-30 guy he quickly answered, "yes" deadpan. Expected him to be more reserved or hedge a little.

Agree about Molitor. Actually, I hope Paul and a Latin retired vet of HOFer in the Twins employ can get down to Ft Myers pronto and get in Roasario's head and redirect him on the path to fully realizing his ceiling level of potential.

ThePuck
05-26-2013, 11:24 AM

What are you talking about, why would a guy be pissed he was still in A+ ball when he's only been in the minors four years? It's his own fault they decided to make him a 2B, cause of all the OF depth, delaying his rise up the minors.

Anyway, since they won't tell us what really happened, nor should they, we can all take what few words they gave us and just assume it was the players fault 100%

Seth Stohs
05-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Guys,

I heard what happened when it happened. It makes sense for a guy to be taken out of hte game and miss a game for that type of thing. It is something that happens a time or two each year in the TWins (And likely all others) organizations. It's not a big deal long term, but it has to be addressed. THe TWins, and Mientkiewicz are in the right here. But it's not worth making much out of it.