PDA

View Full Version : Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/20): Sano Powers Miracle

Seth Stohs
05-22-2013, 12:27 AM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?r=1757-Twins-Minor-League-Report-(5-20)-Sano-Powers-Miracle

jokin
05-22-2013, 12:32 AM
Kind of a busy night, Seth? Do you see any domino effect of promotions kicking in with the roster openings becoming available at the major league level?

Seth Stohs
05-22-2013, 01:07 AM
There will likely need to be, but let's see if it's a DL move or if someone is sent down from the Twins to Rochester first. That's the piece that's missing here.

And yes, quite a busy night!

Cap'n Piranha
05-22-2013, 07:23 AM
Is Dan Turpen going to be sent down to AA at some point? He seems to be pretty overmatched at AAA.

Han Joelo
05-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Too early to get over-excited for Romero to the big leagues sometime this year?

YourHouseIsMyHouse
05-22-2013, 09:44 AM
How much longer can they hold Sano's bat back?

SD Buhr
05-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Are you trying intentionally to confuse me? I come around looking for the 5/21 Minor League update and I don't find one! Sheesh.

The recent additions to the NB roster from outside the organization would seem to indicate the Twins are going to try really hard to keep the Ft Myers and Cedar Rapids rosters mostly intact for a couple more weeks. After that, though, I can't help but expect to see a greater than usual number of mid-season promotions, especially if the organization decides to pretty much throw in the towel on 2013 at the big league level and give the kids half a season of MLB experience before they go to spring training next year ready, hopefully, to compete.

mike wants wins
05-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Are you trying intentionally to confuse me? I come around looking for the 5/21 Minor League update and I don't find one! Sheesh.

The recent additions to the NB roster from outside the organization would seem to indicate the Twins are going to try really hard to keep the Ft Myers and Cedar Rapids rosters mostly intact for a couple more weeks. After that, though, I can't help but expect to see a greater than usual number of mid-season promotions, especially if the organization decides to pretty much throw in the towel on 2013 at the big league level and give the kids half a season of MLB experience before they go to spring training next year ready, hopefully, to compete.

They did not follow that route last year, in terms of calling up players in September to give them a taste for this year.

on another topic, Sano is good, really good, at hitting the baseball. Can't wait to see him up here, if I'm still living in MN by then....

nicksaviking
05-22-2013, 10:21 AM
on another topic, Sano is good, really good, at hitting the baseball. Can't wait to see him up here, if I'm still living in MN by then....

Don't do it Mike, you have a lot to live for. It upsets me too but the Twins will be good again. Someday.

mike wants wins
05-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Ha......good one. More like considering moving to the Pacific NW in a few years.....

Seth Stohs
05-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Too early to get over-excited for Romero to the big leagues sometime this year?

I think it could certainly happen.

clutterheart
05-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Would like to see Pitmo and Ortiz called up to AAA soon