PDA

View Full Version : Article: Draft Preview: "Personal Cheeseballs" (College Pitchers)

Jeremy Nygaard
05-15-2013, 10:56 PM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?r=1725-Draft-Preview-Personal-Cheeseballs-(College-Pitchers)

jay
05-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Nice write-up on some lesser known draft prospects.

I can't say I have any personal cheeseballs, but you sure did give me a hankerin' for some fluffy, crunchy, and delicious cheeseballs.

cmb0252
05-16-2013, 12:04 PM
From Laws chat today regarding Tarpley

Where do you see Stephen Tarpley being drafted?
Klaw (12:23 PM)

Fourth or fifth rounds. Decent stuff, delivery isn't great, bad makeup.

Jeremy Nygaard
05-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Not exactly where I wanted to go with post 1K, but:

I have never heard anything negative about his makeup. In fact, I've heard the opposite. I've heard Tarpley in the third round, but think the Twins view him higher (i.e. gone before they draft in the third).

cmb0252
05-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Not exactly where I wanted to go with post 1K, but:

I have never heard anything negative about his makeup. In fact, I've heard the opposite. I've heard Tarpley in the third round, but think the Twins view him higher (i.e. gone before they draft in the third).

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the article. I was just trying to pass forward information. I personally don't know much Tarpley outside of the fact he is a J.C. LHP with easy arm action and two current major league quality pitches. I have no idea what make up issues Law was referring to.

southron
05-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Drake Roberts move to Navarro Jr College could be great move for future Twin MIF's. Had an outstanding year heading to Grand Junction for the Juco World Series. We took him late in 2011 out of high school but he is a much bigger and improved talent. Smooth actions, great hitter and base theif. Get him this year, quick