PDA

View Full Version : Liriano

Badsmerf
05-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Nice debut for the pirates. Hope he can continue.

ericchri
06-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Liriano column at SportsOnEarth: What's behind Francisco Liriano's resurgent season? | SportsonEarth.com : Howard Megdal Article (http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/50493176/)

It'll be interesting to see if this lasts. Everyone here knows he always had the talent, it was just a matter of whether he could keep it together to use it or not. I think I'm kinda rooting for him even though it'd be disappointing for him to put it together elsewhere, but I like the notion of something going right in Pittsburgh.

Rosterman
06-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Right now, after drifting around the free agent marketplace last year and getting an initial sweetheart deal with Pittsburgh, Francisco is having to work and work hard to prove that he is worth whatever he ends up getting this season and guaranteed a decent contract from the same Pirates next season. Yes, the motivation didn't work last year fro Francisco in both of his chances to get a good contract from the hometeam (Chicago and Minnesota). Not sure WHY Pittsburgh made their initial offer. Glad they refined it a bit.