PDA

View Full Version : Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/7): Long Night in Toledo

Seth Stohs
05-08-2013, 01:00 AM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?r=1682-Twins-Minor-League-Report-(5-7)-Long-Night-in-Toledo

J-Dog Dungan
05-08-2013, 07:07 AM
What's up with the score from the Ft. Myers game? If the final was 4-2 Miracle, why does it read 8-2 Yankees?

roger
05-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Good morning Seth, and thanks for doing these every day...they are appreciated.

Couple corrections, the Miracle won, 4-2, but the score above has Tampa Bay winning 8-2. Also, the box score link for New Britain is to the game on May 5. Up late doing this, eh?

Is great seeing Benson beginning to hit well, at .286 the last ten games. I know there was talk that his wrist was bothering him late in spring training and early at Rochester, do you how much of an effect it had?

Also, Josmil Pinto appears to be for real. After his break-out year last year, he is hitting even better early this year. Where do you see him a year or two down the road? What have you heard about what role the Twins may see him filling on the big club?

Thanks again Seth!

Seth Stohs
05-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Roger, I've made those corrections. Thanks for pointing those out. I'm getting pretty old now, so I generally fall asleep before finishing them.

I guess there was some tendonitus with Benson's wrist early in the season, and I'm sure the cold would not be good for that. He wasn't getting very consistent playing time at that time. Since playing more often, he's been pretty good.

Pinto can hit. We'll see if he can sustain this, but I would expect him to stay in New Britain all year, and if he's still hitting like this at the end of the minor league season, he could be up in September.

roger
05-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I know Seth, I usually don't make it thru home games that take over 2.5 hours.

Where do you see Pinto fitting in for the Twins a few years down the road? Will he be the guy who splits catrching with Mauer when he is down to 80 games a year with the rest of the time at 1st/DH? Or do you see him more of a better backup, but not starter, than Butera was?

Seth Stohs
05-08-2013, 03:31 PM
I think he can be a right-handed version of what Ryan Doumit was last year... except just DH and catching.