PDA

View Full Version : Article: Prospecting in the Rapids

Seth Stohs
05-07-2013, 01:09 AM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?r=1677-Prospecting-in-the-Rapids

lightfoot789
05-07-2013, 06:02 AM
Seth
Great article and excellent assessments. Which 3 of the prospects has surprised you the most so far this year (positive or negative) and which 3 prospects have the greatest chance to move up a level at / by the All Star break?

Seth Stohs
05-07-2013, 07:30 AM
3 that I think will move up - Buxton, Walker, Duffey, Melotakis... OK, that's four.

3 That Surprised me one is Polanco. 2 is probably Goodrum. 3 is maybe Harrison.

lightfoot789
05-07-2013, 09:59 AM
3 that I think will move up - Buxton, Walker, Duffey, Melotakis... OK, that's four.

3 That Surprised me one is Polanco. 2 is probably Goodrum. 3 is maybe Harrison.

I agree with Harrison. Everyone talked about his power potential and he has made me a believer. He should have 6 HRs. Polanco was always a star in waiting for me. So smooth.

If those guys move up - who moves out or up from A+

AScheib50
05-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Adam Walker was one of the biggest surprises for me when I was at Spring Training. He hit BP in the same group as Kepler and Buxton and he might have been the most impressive of the 3 that day. He's a big dude and appears to be able to just mash the ball.

I also really enjoyed watching the coaching staff at ST. Mauer and Watkins seem to have a great rapport. And it seemed to me the players enjoyed them as well. Watkins was having a blast when he was throwing BP.

I live outside of Chicago and somehow never made it to Beloit last year...so I am holding my breathe Buxton and Co are still all in Cedar Rapids at the end of May so I can watch them when they come play my local Kane County Cougars. Or I might try to get over to CR before that if the weather holds.

cmathewson
05-07-2013, 11:16 AM
You mentioned that Harrison had a homer taken away because of a celebration. Did this also happen with Sano, when he gestured at the Cardinal's dugout after the attempted beaning?

righty8383
05-07-2013, 11:54 AM
no, that HR (Sano) counted.

ashburyjohn
05-07-2013, 12:03 PM
3 that I think will move up - Buxton, Walker, Duffey, Melotakis... OK, that's four..

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition.

DAM DC Twins Fans
05-07-2013, 01:27 PM
thanks for article Seth. I have been following this team and agree with you a lot of prospects; it will be interesting to see how they grow and which ones make the show--whether with the Twins or elsewhere after trades.

108 Double Stitches
05-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Great Read. Articles like this make following the minors even more fun.