PDA

View Full Version : The Gazette (Cedar Rapids): Q/A with Twins Farm Director Brad Steil

East Coast Twin
05-03-2013, 05:44 AM
Brad Steil talks about some of the Twins prospects during his visit to Cedar Rapids:

Q/A with Minnesota Twins farm director Brad Steil | TheGazette (http://thegazette.com/2013/05/02/a-chat-with-minnesota-twins-farm-director-brad-steil/)

gunnarthor
05-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Interesting article. Going by age, the Kernals have two 19 year olds (Buxton and Polanco), a 20 year old (Harrison) and two 21 year olds (Walker and Goodrum) who are all arguably top 15 team prospects. The avg age is 21 in that league.

They talked about JD Williams getting a few thing together but he's also a touch old for the league (22) - not too much but a bit. I wonder how much of his improvement is being old for the level.

Didn't sound like Buxton would spend too much more time down there. He's killing that league. 3rd in avg, 2nd in OBP (first is a 22 year old), 1 in slg and OPS. 1st in BB, 3rd in HR, 4 in SB. Wow.

Even after Buxton moves up, the Kernals will eventually get Kepler and Bard. Should be a pretty fun team to watch all year.

mike wants wins
05-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Some intereseting stuff there.....some good, some not. The Bard issues were a bit predictable, imo, and will leave me forever questioning that pick, I worry. It did sound like they were thinking about promoting Buxton even faster than some of us think they might....

PseudoSABR
05-03-2013, 11:32 AM
It was nice to get an injury update on Bard (bicep tendinitis, sore shoulder), Chargois (strained elbow), and Kepler (elbow issues).