PDA

View Full Version : April 29th

Jason
04-29-2013, 02:19 AM
Link (http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?sid=milb&org=142&ymd=20130429)

Buffalo vs Rochester 6:05 PM
BUF: Batista (1-0, 4.00) ROC: Vasquez, V (2-1, 4.43)

Harrisburg vs New Britain 5:35 PM
HAR: Demny (1-2, 4.57) NBR: May (1-1, 2.11)

Fort Myers vs Clearwater 6:05 PM
FTM: Stuifbergen (1-1, 2.88) CLR: Arias (2-1, 1.59)

Lansing vs Cedar Rapids 6:35 PM
LAN: Cole (1-1, 3.26) CR: Berrios (1-0, 3.60)

cmb0252
04-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Yikes.....really ugly day for may.

diehardtwinsfan
04-29-2013, 08:22 PM
Berrios, on the other hand, pitched quite well.

kab21
04-29-2013, 08:57 PM
The Twins should take all 4 games again today. These teams are hot.

Sano with a pair of doubles and Levi wants to be a prospect again with a HR.

Pinto also with a pair of doubles as this hitting spree continues. Perhaps we have seen the last of Butera.

Polanco with 3 hits including a 3B. Now hitting .357. Buxton also with a 3B and a BB.

Berrios :go:May :cry:

PseudoSABR
04-29-2013, 08:59 PM
As awful as May's day was he only walked three and didn't give up any homeruns...

pioneers3
04-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Just got back from the Kernels Game. They are fun to watch play, great approaches at plate. It also helps when you have Buxton , Harrison, Hicks, Walker playing and Berrios pitching.

First Buxton already has a MLB approach, makes adjustments pitch to pitch and AB to AB. Some teams are pitching him backwards and he just waits for his pitch, I wonder what his swing and miss % is, I have a feeling it is pretty low. He has a longer swing early in the count, and shortens up with 2 strikes.

Harrison hit an absolute BOMB to LF, it wasn't a typical Harrison HR, this was a high long fly ball home run, most of his are line shots, I am really liking Harrison and thing he could become a serviceable Big League Player, but Sano or him will have to move. I see Harrison at first or maybe LF.

Hicks had an opposite field double, followed by a Walker opposite field triple (maybe a double, I had a few beers:)), both are swinging it well right now.

Now to Berrios...Wow is all I have to say. If you follow me on twitter, I tried to share a video, if you saw it let me know how it looked. He sat most of the game 92-94 and touched 95 a few times. If you make it to Cedar Rapids, I wouldn't pay to close attention to the in house gun, it is off most of the time. Very rarely does it match the guns from the scouts behind the plate. His fastball is impressive, but the off-speed stuff he add tonight was BIG LEAGUE STUFF...Got a lot of swing and misses with his low 80 sliders. His change up flashed plus plus potential, just a little inconsistent with it, but it's there.

Right now, if Buxton is the #1 prospect in CR and #2 in the twins, Berrios is 1A in Cedar Rapids and 2A for the Twins.

If you are planning on coming to a game I would do it sooner rather then later, the roster will change after the Draft, I have a feeling that is when Buxton will be due to leave. Berrios will most likely stay longer as I am sure the Twins will limit his innings and total pitches this year.