PDA

View Full Version : Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/28): Duffey Does it Again

Seth Stohs
04-28-2013, 09:10 PM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?r=1636-Twins-Minor-League-Report-(4-28)-Duffey-Does-it-Again

Jeremy Nygaard
04-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Rochester will play at 6:35 against Buffalo. If you have MLB Network, you can watch Virgil Vasquez take the mound.

The Rochester game on MLB Network isn't until Tuesday morning.

clutterheart
04-29-2013, 06:32 AM
All these Taylor and Tylers are hard on my brain.

nicksaviking
04-29-2013, 10:04 AM
And Taylor Rogers, Tyler Duffy and Tyler Jones are all pitchers. To further complicate the comprehension Tyler Jones is the Cedar Rapids closer while Zack Jones is a closer at Ft. Myers.

nicksaviking
04-29-2013, 10:16 AM
Seth, can you or anyone else explain what exactly is going on with Adrian Salcedo. He's giving up a bunch of hits and runs, yet strangely his K/9 is 11.3 despite him having no reputation as a strikeout pitcher and he also has yet to issue a walk. There's probably nothing more to it than a small sample size but what a strange combination of data.

Also, is the plan to keep him in the bullpen now, or is his presence in the bullpen temporary and due to his injury last year?

Seth Stohs
04-29-2013, 10:47 AM
Salcedo had problems with his shoulder and his elbow last year and rehabbed all season and all winter to avoid surgery. I'm sure the eventual plan is to get him back into starting, but they'll be cautious with a talent like him! As for the K-rate, I'd say small sample size at this point. As for the hits, he's starting back over, so struggles should be expected at times. Nothing to be alarmed about right now, but certainly something to watch over time.

Twinsfan46
04-29-2013, 10:54 AM
How has Sano been playing in the field lately? Has he been able to cut down on the errors? If he can, he seems ready for another level (or two).

nicksaviking
04-29-2013, 11:21 AM
Last year Sano made an error in 11.6% of his chances. This year it is down to 5.5%.

Others have had a few negative things to say such as he has slow footwork or he plays stiff but the results are more than encouraging at this point.

DAM DC Twins Fans
04-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Can somebody tell me where to find Twins minor league moves--that Seth keeps reporting here--I cant seem to find them except for articles on individual club sites like Cedar Rapids and they seem to be behind Seth.

IdahoPilgrim
04-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Jeremy Nygaard does a good job keeping track of it; check out the "roster & payroll" link on the top of the page, and keep an eye on the minor league forums.

Outside of TD, you can check each leagues' (International,Eastern,etc) website and look up all league transactions - that's sometimes a couple days behind but does get most of the transactions.

Also, Baseball America's website has a list of minor league transactions once a week, although it's usually about a week behind the times.

Sometimes you get info from twitter feeds for the farm clubs.

Bottom line - you just have to dig for it. And even then, Seth will probably get it first.:)

Jeff A
04-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Can somebody tell me where to find Twins minor league moves--that Seth keeps reporting here--I cant seem to find them except for articles on individual club sites like Cedar Rapids and they seem to be behind Seth.

milb.com is where I usually go, although you have to check each minor league separately.

DAM DC Twins Fans
04-29-2013, 04:49 PM
Thanks guys--found the transactions on Kernals page--never thought to look under stats--but Seth will still probably know first.