PDA

View Full Version : Josh Burris

righty8383
04-28-2013, 02:34 AM
Josh Burris was a 17th round pick in 2011 out of LSU-E (not to be confused with LSU). He will turn 22 this year. Last year he pitched for the Appy League Etwins and sported a 7-0 record as a reliever. He posted a 1.75 ERA over 36 innings with 40 strike outs. Opponents hit .190 off him. His only issue has been walks. He walked 21 batters last year.

Burris has a good fastball, a hammer curveball and as far as I know, a change-up. Pretty sure he will be pitching out of the pen for a while. Not sure if the Twins intend on having him move to the rotation eventually.

Due to shoulder problems, he wasn't really able to throw much if at all during spring training so the Twins were forced to have him start the season in extended spring training. However, burris has just joined the Cedar Rapids roster and will hopefully see some action soon.

good luck Josh!

righty8383
04-29-2013, 11:44 PM
Burris made his Cedar Rapids debut tonight in relief of my other adopt-a-prospect, Jose Berrios (http://twinsdaily.com/adopt-prospect-2013/6055-jose-berrios.html). Josh pitched the final 2.1 innings giving up just a hit and a walk. He punched out 3.

righty8383
05-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Burris has not been sharp the last 5 or 6 times he has pitched. Tonight he gave up a solo HR in an inning of work. Overall he has given up 12 earned runs over 9 innings. He has walked 9 and given up 10 hits. Still a pretty small sample so hopefully he turns it around.

righty8383
05-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Burris has been demoted back to EST. He pitched a scoreless inning a couple nights ago but was otherwise unproductive. I still don't like him being sent down. Pretty small sample size. Guess he'll probably join the E-Twins roster when that season gets going.