Nelson Cruz RF
David Murphy LF
Geovany Soto C
Mitch Moreland 1B
Craig Gentry CF
(Justin Grimm P)

big dog
04-26-2013, 08:07 AM
{muttering hints to Gardy} Escobarescobarescobarescobarescobar.....

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 11:36 AM
That was an aggravating loss last night. Let's get a win today and not let this turn into a spiral of death.

Joe A. Preusser
04-26-2013, 06:17 PM
That was an aggravating loss last night. Let's get a win today and not let this turn into a spiral of death.

Agreed. Those 1-runners are OUR games.

big dog
04-26-2013, 06:17 PM
so much for my psychic powers. Hopefully Florimon doesn't let anything roll under his glove tonight.

And no AJ- here all those folks paid good money to boo him and he's not even in the lineup.

B Richard
04-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Lets go scotty, go twins and roll tide

glunn
04-26-2013, 06:29 PM

I blamed my dog after the game, but as the night wore on I became somewhat content that the Twins did not get blown out early, as happened so often last year. They were in it until the last at bat against one of the hottest clubs in baseball. That said, let's hope that they punish the Rangers tonight.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 06:37 PM
It would be nice to see some power from the home team. Lowest slugging percentage in the league - OBP is good because of very good walk percentage, but table-setting gets you only so far, and being last in doubles and homers means you need long sequences just to scratch out a run.

Alex
04-26-2013, 07:21 PM
It would be nice to see some power from the home team. Lowest slugging percentage in the league - OBP is good because of very good walk percentage, but table-setting gets you only so far, and being last in doubles and homers means you need long sequences just to scratch out a run.

Sorta like the Rangers are doing.

Seriously looking like a Redbox movie may have been the way to go tonight.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 07:23 PM

Watch and learn, Twins. Watch and learn.

glunn
04-26-2013, 07:23 PM

Seriously looking like a Redbox movie may have been the way to go tonight.

It's only one run and only the first inning. Hang in there for a while at least.

glunn
04-26-2013, 07:24 PM

What does that writing on your avatar's shirt say?

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 07:25 PM
John, your avatars seem to keep getting younger.

I'll answer your comment in the Escobar thread over here. She is reputedly a Snorg T-shirt girl. Interview With a Snorg Girl (http://jalopnik.com/263973/interview-with-a-snorg-girl). Blame your sponsor, not me.

Edit: the shirt says "Your mom goes to college". Plus-one Internet Points if anyone knows the source of that quote?

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 07:27 PM
It's only one run and only the first inning. Hang in there for a while at least.

Don't look now but...

glunn
04-26-2013, 07:28 PM
I'll answer your comment in the Escobar thread over here. She is reputedly a Snorg T-shirt girl. Interview With a Snorg Girl (http://jalopnik.com/263973/interview-with-a-snorg-girl). Blame your sponsor, not me.

Edit: the shirt says "Your mom goes to college". Plus-one Internet Points if anyone knows the source of that quote?

I don't think we are allowed to make negative comments about our sponsors per the contract that they made me sign to be a moderator.

glunn
04-26-2013, 07:29 PM
Don't look now but...

Ouch. I am at work and the website stopped refreshing.

glunn
04-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Morneau doubles with 2 outs and Mauer does not score from second???

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 07:31 PM
A bit nonchalant on the Berkman "double" there by Hicksie.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 07:33 PM
Morneau doubles with 2 outs and Mauer does not score from second???

I'll assume there was doubt whether it would hang up or not, giving the batter/runner the advantage for the first 45 feet or so over his teammate.

Edit: scratch that. The ESPN pbp shows Mauer only at first base after the error, with no advancement. Maybe the error being by the 2Bman is the source of confusion?

Edit^2: man, if no one is watching live and we're all following a text feed, it's gonna be a weird game.

glunn
04-26-2013, 07:36 PM
I'll assume there was doubt whether it would hang up or not, giving the batter/runner the advantage for the first 45 feet or so over his teammate.

But there were 2 outs? I was taught to run like hell on any hit when there are 2 outs.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 07:39 PM
But there were 2 outs? I was taught to run like hell on any hit when there are 2 outs.

Good grief. Scratch everything I said. Ever. I'll go sit in the corner now and peruse the t-shirt ads.

Ultima Ratio
04-26-2013, 07:40 PM

Oops.

glunn
04-26-2013, 07:40 PM

Edit: scratch that. The ESPN pbp shows Mauer only at first base after the error, with no advancement. Maybe the error being by the 2Bman is the source of confusion?

Edit^2: man, if no one is watching live and we're all following a text feed, it's gonna be a weird game.

I am following on cbssportsline, which showed Mauer on second.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 07:42 PM
Hicksie with an assist to nail Soto?

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 07:43 PM
There were two outs. Mauer was on first, not second. The double by Morneau was a soft slicer to left field that did not get by the left fielder. There was no opportunity for Mauer to score.

glunn
04-26-2013, 07:43 PM
We need a volunteer to do play by play tonight. I am exhausted and CBSsportline gives false information.

glunn
04-26-2013, 07:44 PM
There were two outs. Mauer was on first, not second. The double by Morneau was a soft slicer to left field that did not get by the left fielder. There was no opportunity for Mauer to score.

Thanks Chief!

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 07:44 PM
I watching.

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Sano dials "9" for the 9th time tonight. Jeebus.

glunn
04-26-2013, 07:47 PM

Is he trying to get an outside line?

Ultima Ratio
04-26-2013, 07:49 PM

As my grandfather used to say: anybody can do easy things.

:)

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Is he trying to get an outside line?
For "long distance."

glunn
04-26-2013, 07:53 PM
I am going home now so I can watch this on TV. Please don't let the Rangers score while I am gone.

Ultima Ratio
04-26-2013, 07:56 PM
scripted like the WWE

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 07:56 PM
For "long distance."

From the Wikipedia page for home run:

Slang terms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_baseball_jargon) for home runs include: blast, bomb, circuit clout, "dialing 9 for long distance", dinger, ding-dong, dong, donger, four-bagger, four-base knock, goner, gonzo, gopher ball, homer, jack, long ball, moonshot, quadruple, round-tripper, shot, slam, swat, tape-measure shot, tater, wallop, and yahtzee. The act of hitting a home run can be called going deep or going yard or going home; additionally, with men on base, it can be called clearing the table. Home runs hit to the highest-level stands are upper-deckers. A comparatively long home run can be described as Ruthian, named after Babe Ruth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babe_Ruth)'s legendary drives. Babe Ruth himself was often referred to as "The Sultan of Swat", a nickname earned due to the number of home runs which he hit. The act of attempting to hit a home run, whether successful or not, can also be termed swinging for the fences or going downtown. A game with many home runs in it can be referred to as a slugfest or home run derby. A grand slam is often referred to as a grand salami. If more than one grand slam occurs, a game may be referred to as a salamifest. With the increase of Latin American players a home run is also being called the whole enchilada, or as Kenny Mayne (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Mayne) described it, jonrón, the Spanish pronunciation of the word home run.

Any additional nominations?

ChiTownTwinsFan
04-26-2013, 07:57 PM
okay, that was a couple of interesting outs.

stringer bell
04-26-2013, 07:57 PM
Chief, you and I are of the same generation, I think. It always was called "dialing 8" IIRC.

stringer bell
04-26-2013, 07:58 PM
okay, that was a couple of interesting outs.

I'll say! I was going to comment that Diamond is having a Pelfrey-like start.

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 07:59 PM
"Running the bases aggressively" by Ron Washington. Available at Bookman's now, at the discount rack.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 07:59 PM
scripted like the WWE

I definitely need an eyewitness account to that Berkman "infield single" that resulted in the runner on first getting tagged at home.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Chief, you and I are of the same generation, I think. It always was called "dialing 8" IIRC.

That was what prompted me to go look for confirmation, which brought me to that wiki page.

stringer bell
04-26-2013, 08:01 PM
I googled this: "In hotels, Dialing 8 was calling long distance. In baseball, Dialing 8 is a home run. In blogging, Dialing 8 is a set of posts from a blogger that I find lasting long and being strong – the cornerstones."

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Andrus on 1st. Berkman bloops a single just over the infield into short right. Dozier tracks it down near the line. Andrus keeps on trucking for 3rd, Dozier can't get much on the throw, it's up the line towards home and gets by Plouffe, to the wall. Andrus breaks for home. Plouffe tracks it down and throws out Andrus at home, nice dive tag by Mauer towards the infield side. Berman ends up on second, then gets tagged by Florimon when Beltre hits a sharp one hopper in the hole that Florimon snags.

Ultima Ratio
04-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Why didn't Florimoney take out Andrus with the slide? Could have easily broken that up.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Berman ends up on second, then gets tagged by Florimon when Beltre hits a sharp one hopper in the hole that Florimon snags.

Yeah, I wondered about that one too, but I assumed it was just a bonehead move by the runner. Berkman's never been one of my favorite players. There are slow but smart runners like Hrbek, and then there are guys like Berkman that I somehow have pegged as occasionally getting into a play like that.

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 08:08 PM
I googled this: "In hotels, Dialing 8 was calling long distance. In baseball, Dialing 8 is a home run. In blogging, Dialing 8 is a set of posts from a blogger that I find lasting long and being strong – the cornerstones." Huh. Never heard it referred to as "dialing 8" before, either for a HR or long distance. "Dialing 9" was common as a HR reference in my day. I typed it without even thinking it might not get recognized.

ThePuck
04-26-2013, 08:11 PM
Why didn't Florimoney take out Andrus with the slide? Could have easily broken that up.

Yeah, Andrus was asking for it the way he played that...he's lucky a fellow shortstop was running...

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Yeah, Andrus was asking for it the way he played that...he's lucky a fellow shortstop was running...

Similar to how Nishi broke his leg within the first few days of his major league career?

Riverbrian
04-26-2013, 08:17 PM
We may want to start picking up a hit or two.

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 08:17 PM
I'm not sure how this game is only 2-0, but I'm glad it is. The offense is once again making a nondescript pitcher look like Cy Young.

Badsmerf
04-26-2013, 08:19 PM
My patience for Plouffe is wearing thin. That was a terrible error. Completely lazy. He might need to be benched a few days to send a message.

Riverbrian
04-26-2013, 08:20 PM
I gotta say... When Morneau was at the top of his game. MVP Justin Morneau... He would use the whole field... Now the Rangers are using a shift.

Could be part of the problem.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 08:20 PM
We may want to start picking up a hit or two.

I just checked the boxscore. Mission accomplished already, sir.

Edit: and only in the fourth inning. On time and under budget.

snepp
04-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Andrus on 1st. Berkman bloops a single just over the infield into short right. Dozier tracks it down near the line. Andrus keeps on trucking for 3rd, Dozier can't get much on the throw, it's up the line towards home and gets by Plouffe, to the wall. Andrus breaks for home. Plouffe tracks it down and throws out Andrus at home, nice dive tag by Mauer towards the infield side. Berman ends up on second, then gets tagged by Florimon when Beltre hits a sharp one hopper in the hole that Florimon snags.

Did you need oxygen after this?

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Did you need oxygen after this? No, but I will if John brings back the pole vaulter avatar.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Did you need oxygen after this?

Ben Gay for the joints in the fingers and wrists, I would imagine.

Riverbrian
The Wild are down 5-0 to Edmonton. Things ain't going as planned obviously.

ashburyjohn
No, but I will if John brings back the pole vaulter avatar.

A man of discerning tastes. But I'll stick with the current one a while longer. A boss long ago had a term for someone like her: a day-brightener.

snepp
04-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Random irrelevance, I did a networking job for a company one time that used '91' for accessing an outside line.

A brilliant piece of short-sightedness there.

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 08:27 PM
The Wild are down 5-0 to Edmonton. Things ain't going as planned obviously. It wouldn't be Minnesota without some team somewhere peeing one down their collective legs.

Riverbrian
04-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Random irrelevance, I did a networking job for a company one time that used '91' for accessing an outside line.

Nothing is irrelevant on a game thread.

Riverbrian
04-26-2013, 08:30 PM
It wouldn't be Minnesota without some team somewhere peeing one down their collective legs.

and Freezing.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 08:31 PM

Similarly irrelevant: as a kid I learned that dialing 1191 and hanging up would give you a ring-back. Being an upwardly mobile family with a phone extension, this was good for tons of fun.

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Ben Gay for the joints in the fingers and wrists, I would imagine.
No, but I will if you bring back the pole vaulter avatar.

snepp
04-26-2013, 08:34 PM
SPEED!

Edit: I want my all-caps back.

USAFChief
Speed! Exciting!!1!

big dog
Nifty delayed steal and advance on the error for Hicks. A wild pitch is our best weapon now.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 08:35 PM
No, but I will if you bring back the pole vaulter avatar.

I would caution you about 12-year-olds, if I had any idea where this sub-thread suddenly has gone.

big dog
04-26-2013, 08:35 PM
A wild pitch would have been much better than watching Florimon take a called third strike. Did I mention I'm on the Escobar bandwagon?

Riverbrian
04-26-2013, 08:39 PM
I tangled the phone chord around my neck and walked a little too far... Pulled the phone off the wall... Hitting the meat loaf plate fresh out of the oven perfectly... Knocking it off the table.

Right in front of the dog who got a couple of good long licks in before my screaming mother could rescue it. Hold it in her hands while thinking if it could still be served to our relatives due to arrive in 5 minutes.

I was 14 and life got better

everyone had a phone story from youth.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Did I mention I'm on the Escobar bandwagon?

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 08:41 PM

You're the last guy in town who uses the "it gets better" phrase that way anymore.

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 08:41 PM
I tangled the phone chord around my neck and walked a little too far... Pulled the phone off the wall... Hitting the meat loaf plate fresh out of the oven perfectly... Knocking it off the table.

Right in front of the dog who got a couple of good long licks in before my screaming mother could rescue it. Hold it in her hands while thinking if it could still be served to our relatives due to arrive in 5 minutes.

everyone had a phone story from youth. Well...don't leave us hangin'. Did she serve it?

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Some loud contact that inning off Diamond-zie.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Beltre has been known to do that to other pitchers too. I think it's called "dialing 10" or something; the Twins hitters should look into the concept.

stringer bell
I know this is a game thread, but the Escobar-Florimon comparison is interesting. Florimon made a terrific throw from shallow left to cut down a runner, also made a heads-up play to get Berkman showing his tools. Escobar might not have the tools (although he also has an outstanding arm), but his performance thus far has been excellent. Florimon has been uneven. Florimon slapped a solid single, but with a runner on third and two outs, got frozen for a called third.

Riverbrian
Well...don't leave us hangin'. Did she serve it?

Yes... Yes she did it... But she thought it was ok... Because she tried to get rid of the dog licked area. I was warned not to tell anyone...

Tonight I broke that promise for the first time.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 08:46 PM
Yes... Yes she did it... But she thought it was ok... Because she tried to get rid of the dog licked area. I was warned not to tell anyone...

We're honored that you chose us to be your first.

Riverbrian
04-26-2013, 08:51 PM
These pitchers are nothing special... Hit the ball!!!!!!

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 08:51 PM
I'll get lots of guff for this opinion, but it really, really bothers me when I see Mauer slice one to left on a 2-0 count. Weak. Made weaker still when the opposition knows he won't pull it, and plays their left fielder shallow and towards the line.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 08:53 PM
I'll get lots of guff for this opinion, but it really, really bothers me when I see Mauer slice one to left on a 2-0 count. Weak. Made weaker still when the opposition knows he won't pull it, and plays their left fielder shallow and towards the line.

I don't know what guff you might expect. When I watch him, I find that he makes better guesses than me; but in the abstract it seems like he doesn't make enough uses of favorable counts. And if the reason is to try to cross up the defense or something, well, you're telling me here that they were ready.

Ultima Ratio
04-26-2013, 08:57 PM

I knew you couldn't be trusted.

Riverbrian
04-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Mauer has a quick swing... He can simply wait longer and let the ball come in further than most.

Its part of him...

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 08:58 PM

Tonight I broke that promise for the first time. Does your mom (or the relatives) hang out on game threads? EDIT: Come to think of it, are you sure the dog kept his big mouth shut all these years?

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Decent outing from our 5th starter. Unfortunately that is not his role on this team.

Ultima Ratio
04-26-2013, 09:00 PM
GET THE F... OFF ME BRO - Morneau

snepp
04-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Does your mom (or the relatives) hang out on game threads?

Yes they do, they're currently hanging out with glunn's do....err, wife.

big dog
04-26-2013, 09:01 PM
Hey, guess who just made an unnecessary error? Anyone?

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 09:01 PM
Kick save by Morneau-zie.

Riverbrian
04-26-2013, 09:02 PM
GET THE F... OFF ME BRO - Morneau

The problem is that he yelled that after... He should have yelled I got it about 5 seconds earlier.

Ultima Ratio
04-26-2013, 09:04 PM
We need some offense, ya herd?

USAFChief
Hey, guess who just made an unnecessary error? Anyone? Unfortunately, for anyone not watching the game, there are multiple good candidates to choose from.

big dog
Coming up- Parmelee to the rescue. Book it.

snepp
04-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Kick save...

"...and a beauty!"

big dog
04-26-2013, 09:07 PM

Yeah, my bad. But if Florimon were playing for the Rangers he might be on first now.

USAFChief
Anibal Sanchez K'd 17 Braves tonight. BigGentleBen must have enjoyed that game...

Ultima Ratio

Troll

USAFChief
Yeah, my bad. But if Florimon were playing for the Rangers he might be on first now. If Florimon were playing for the Rangers he'd be in Round Rock.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 09:11 PM
If Florimon were playing for the Rangers he'd be in Round Rock.

Given my persistent opinion that the Florimonster won't be in organized ball by 2015, I think you're being generous even with that.

stringer bell
04-26-2013, 09:13 PM
Kick save by Morneau-zie.Sounds like he could have been used in St. Paul.

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Good thing we missed Darvish this series.

Ultima Ratio
04-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Pressly looking mighty fine.

Hard to ship back to Boston or remove him from the pen via trade and demotion.

GCTF
04-26-2013, 09:23 PM
If Florimon were playing for the Rangers he'd be in Round Rock.

I'm not fussy about the shape of the rock as long as he's under it.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Good thing we missed Darvish this series.

Now that Cy Young is out of this game we've got a chance.

snepp
04-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Now that Cy Young is out of this game we've got a chance.

Didn't he pitch last night?

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 09:27 PM
In all seriousness, I'm fine with giving Escobear a shot at SS. Lord knows I've seen about enough of Floor-E-Moan. But my guess is, after three steady weeks of the 'bear, we won't like him all that much either.

Riverbrian
04-26-2013, 09:28 PM
This is... I don't know... The offense is... Umm... It's been two days of this crap... Not even threatening to string something together. It's... Just... Out after out after out after out... Single followed by double play and out after out after out... It's been two days of this... Empty the flipping bench tomorrow Gardy... Play Ramirez...

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Didn't he pitch last night?

Rubber arm, that one.

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 09:30 PM
Didn't he pitch last night? Unfortunately, I hear he's toeing the slab tomorrow.

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Dickbert: "He's kind of like Alexi Casilla..." Me: reach for blood pressure tablets...

snepp
04-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Unfortunately, I hear he's toeing the slab tomorrow.

Then I guess it's a really good thing we're missing the Cy Young this series.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 09:36 PM
This is... I don't know... The offense is... Umm... It's been two days of this crap... Not even threatening to string something together. It's... Just... Out after out after out after out... Single followed by double play and out after out after out... It's been two days of this... Empty the flipping bench tomorrow Gardy... Play Ramirez...

I'm with you on the "crap" part. But I can see an argument for sending the young guys out there again, at least. Reinforce that when a little 3-game losing streak happens, there's no cavalry coming to the rescue, they have to rescue themselves.

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 09:36 PM
RBI two out double ON AN 0-2 COUNT...make that two blood pressure tablets...

Riverbrian
04-26-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm with you on the "crap" part. But I can see an argument for sending the young guys out there again, at least. Reinforce that when a little 3-game losing streak happens, there's no cavalry coming to the rescue, they have to rescue themselves.

I'm not looking for a message... Positive or negative... I'm looking for a bat that isn't Ice Cold... The hot bat just might be on the bench right now.

Or in Anoka... I don't know.

GCTF
04-26-2013, 09:40 PM
The Twins took out Pressly so he wouldn't have to face Elvis?

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Rally avatar.

Riverbrian

Nice... That was worth the price of admission.

ashburyjohn

Poast of the day.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 09:44 PM
RBI two out double ON AN 0-2 COUNT...make that two blood pressure tablets...

I'm sure there's guys at AA that it fooled last year...

USAFChief
John: where'd you get the pic of snepp's wife?

Ultima Ratio
Rally avatar.

Do you have one of her with a pole, there good buddy?

snepp
04-26-2013, 09:46 PM

That's my dog.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 09:46 PM

If snepp clicks Like on that one I will too.

RB said to empty the bench. So I did.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Nice... That was worth the price of admission.

But TD doesn't cost anyth.... oh. Right.

snepp
04-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Do you have one of her with a pole, there good buddy?

Will no one think of the children?

(or me for that matter?)

Ultima Ratio
04-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Dougie ball game would come through with a hit here.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Bad news, guys: the Rally Avatar is working so far.

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Bad news, guys: the Rally Avatar is working so far. I'm conflicted. I think I have to come down on the side of "it's not worth it."

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm conflicted. I think I have to come down on the side of "it's not worth it."

It's just one ballgame, that's for sure. But if even one run scores, you can count on witnessing her again sometime.

snepp
04-26-2013, 09:56 PM
Bad news, guys: the Rally Avatar is working so far.

Maybe she's just what we needed to buck the trend.

snepp
I like this kid already.

Riverbrian
Keep her... Arcia likes her.

GCTF
04-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Once again...Arcia strong like bull.

notoriousgod71
04-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Arcia should be put in the HOF immediately.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 09:58 PM
Three run homer against their relief ace. That means we win, right? Game over?

big dog
04-26-2013, 09:58 PM
Arcia goes Boom! Twins go down.

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 10:00 PM
And it turns out it's the ($*#(-ing 0-2, two out RBI double that scores the winning run. Note to self: refill blood pressure meds stat.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 10:00 PM
OK, time for some post-game eyebleach avatar medicine, despite it not being a win.

USAFChief
04-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Once again...Arcia strong like bull. When's the last time Mauer turned on a pitch like that? Cretin v. Spring Lake Park?

jokin
04-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Once again...Arcia strong like bull.

Yet another player putting a lie to that "Target Field is unfair to left handed hitters" meme.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 10:13 PM

No one bothered to supply the answer of Napoleon Dynamite; line delivered by the douche brother when Deb said she was raising money for college.

Ultima Ratio
04-26-2013, 10:18 PM
Over in St. Louis, the Pirates have two coaches and pitcher (Sanchez) ejected. Unless they get a hit in the ninth, they will have just as many hits as ejections. This should maybe go in fun with numbers. Just a weird FYI around the league.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130426&content_id=45879302&vkey=news_pit&c_id=pit

Top Gun
04-26-2013, 11:16 PM
Twins fans can't even get to the game on time,

johnnydakota
04-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Well .500 was fun while it lasted, im guessing as long as Terry (short arms and low pockets) Ryan is employed as the Twins general manager we will not see .500 for another 23 months.

Thanks Terry

one_eyed_jack
04-27-2013, 09:20 AM
Back when the Twins were winning division titles, this is the time of game they would have found a way to win. They used to grind out victories by making one key play in the field, big pitch or clutch hit that the other guys didn't. The last 2 nights they've been on the wrong side of that.

A comeback victory would have taken a bit of the sting off what happened in St. Paul. ugh.
I'm gonna go check the Lynx schedule. I need to watch a local team with a chance of winning something.