PDA

View Full Version : Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/25): Four and Oh!

Seth Stohs
04-26-2013, 12:57 AM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?r=1627-Twins-Minor-League-Report-(4-25)-Four-and-Oh!

SD Buhr
04-26-2013, 01:40 AM
Picking nits, but there was a late official scoring change in the CR game that resulted in all 3 runs off of Tyler Jones being earned. A rocket off of Harrison's glove was originally scored E5 and well after the game ended changed to a single. As a result, all runs off of Jones were earned, even though the hit came after Jones had left the game.

That's just one example of why this was one of the stranger games I've been to in a while.

The Kernels batted around in the 7th inning, scoring 5 runs... on no hits. (4 straight walks and a couple of infield errors can do that to you.)

Oh, and Byron Buxton is good at baseball. I still think the Twins will likely leave him in CR for a couple of months... but I'm less certain every day. If you really want to see him play in CR, don't wait too long.

Seth Stohs
04-26-2013, 01:59 AM
He'll stay there until at least the MWL All-Star game, and I think he will move up. That's so unusual for the Twins to do. And, I've seen a lot of guys have great Aprils and then tail off, so let's see how he sustains it. The man is incredibly gifted though!

clutterheart
04-26-2013, 05:09 AM
Was there Roster moves to accommodate Michael?

Jeremy Nygaard
04-26-2013, 06:26 AM
Ray and Gonzales went on the DL. Michael activated. Leachman promoted.

adjacent
04-26-2013, 07:38 AM
I am glad to see Levi Michael doing well in his return. If he gets going, the gloomy perspective for the middle infield can change quite a bit.

josecordoba
04-26-2013, 07:44 AM
He'll stay there until at least the MWL All-Star game, and I think he will move up. That's so unusual for the Twins to do. And, I've seen a lot of guys have great Aprils and then tail off, so let's see how he sustains it. The man is incredibly gifted though!

I'm guessing that Buxton can't sustain .419/.526/.694. You almost need to see him work through a slump before moving him up to the next level.

I'm not as down on Michael as others. He's shown the ability to draw a walk even as he battled through injuries. He also seems to be able to stick at SS. Considering the Offensive Standards at Shortshop in the Majors currently. I believe he could develop into a League-Average Big League Starter. This seems awfully good for a guy rated towards the bottom of an organizations Top 30 Lists.

mike wants wins
04-26-2013, 08:49 AM
When will Kepler be up?

60ft6in
04-26-2013, 11:19 AM
I heard Kepler still not throwing yet......

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 12:21 PM
I heard Kepler still not throwing yet......

Neither does Revere and it hasn't held him back any.

ashburyjohn
04-26-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm guessing that Buxton can't sustain .419/.526/.694. You almost need to see him work through a slump before moving him up to the next level.

"Sorry son, you only struck out 35 times all season; we're having you repeat Cedar Rapids next season."

troyhobbs
04-27-2013, 09:04 AM
It seems clear that Buxton and Sano are pretty special. Why not move them up quick?Not like there's a bunch of studs standing in their way, if the twins start tanking these guys should be pushed through the system pretty aggressively I think.