PDA

View Full Version : Article: Twins Report from Fort Myers: March 27th edition (TK and the Beloit Snappers

Thrylos
03-28-2012, 07:45 PM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?369-Twins-Report-from-Fort-Myers-March-27th-edition-(TK-and-the-Beloit-Snappers)

Paul
03-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Thank you for the post. I especially like the pictures of Kepler. That's a professional swing. I saw a couple of videos of this kid batting from a couple of years back. I loved his swing for one so young. The current picture shows he has kept on the right track. That's a gap to gap line drive swing. He's also put on quite a bit of weight. I think his mom is a pro dancer and his dad was a pro tennis player. Good genes. If this kid can keep his focus he'll be a beast.

Also, I can't wait until you spill the tantalizing beans you alluded to in your comment bout the Mackey thing.

Steve Lein
03-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Shoot, I didn't notice you there Thrylos, I was standing in the shade of the trees behind the dugout for most of that game. Was standing behind the gun when Hermsen was throwing, and was also disappointed with his control and velocity, but he does get some good movement. TK is an absolute joy to listen to talking with his guys. Tommy Watkins is also great, gave me an assist on getting Sano's autograph the day before, then went out of his way to say hi again during this game. Most impressive guy I watched in camp hitting during games was Max Kepler. I'm no scout, but you notice when every at bat you watch he's lacing a line drive somewhere for a hit. Agree that Gruver looked impressive. Sano didn't play the day before while I was watching either, but earlier in the week got to watch a few at bats and some batting practice. He was the good luck charm coaching 1B this game though, think the fellas put up 3 or 4 runs (with the snowball fight assist from the Orioles) while he was out there.

birdwatcher
03-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks so much for the report, thrylos, and for your comments, Steve. I read Bollinger's report which had Kepler reporting to Class A+ Fort Myers. Is that possible? If so, wow!

Neil
03-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Wow, these are some great photos. Thanks for posting!

IowaHawkeyes
03-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Is B.J. Hermsen going to start the year at Beloit?

jtrinaldi
03-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Is B.J. Hermsen going to start the year at Beloit?
I doubt it, prolly Fort Myers.
I think Kepler will start in EX ST....but thats just me...he is 17 right now, turns 18 in May I think he end up in Beloit halfway through the year.