PDA

View Full Version : April 11th

Jason
04-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Link (http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?sid=milb&org=142&ymd=20130411)

Rochester at Pawtucket
Portland at New Britain
Jupiter at Fort Myers
Cedar Rapids at Clinton

SD Buhr
04-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Cedar Rapids @ Clinton has been postponed by rain. Doubleheader scheduled for Friday, beginning at 5 pm.

stringer bell
04-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Pinto with his fourth bomb. Possible replacement for Doumit (PT catcher/PT DH)? Are there any reports on his receiving skills?

Halsey Hall
04-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Sano hit a towering Killebrew type blast tonight to tie the game up at 5.

kab21
04-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Rosario added a pair of 2B's to Sano's blast. So far the Twins big 4 hitting prospects are raking in the minors.

SydneyTwinsFan
04-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Arcia with another long ball. Doing his best to make a mid-season Willingham trade look attractive

rickyhawaii
04-12-2013, 12:00 AM
zach jones is dominating. imagine he's just blowing the fastball past everyone. he's raising his prospect status though. could be the next Crain.. Daniel Ortiz is also doing well. hopefully he can be consistent. he seems to be a streaky player.

Badsmerf
04-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Wow. Arcia just keeps destroying AAA pitching. I really wish he was ready to go from day 1 in spring training.... and that he could play CF! Imagine an OF of Willingham, Arcia, Parmelee! I think the Twins need to just call him up and make Willingham the full-time DH. Arcia>Doumit IMO. Let Mauer DH against tough RH pitchers and rest the other days.

gunnarthor
04-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Wow. Arcia just keeps destroying AAA pitching. I really wish he was ready to go from day 1 in spring training.... and that he could play CF! Imagine an OF of Willingham, Arcia, Parmelee! I think the Twins need to just call him up and make Willingham the full-time DH. Arcia>Doumit IMO. Let Mauer DH against tough RH pitchers and rest the other days.

You're jumping the gun but I think he'll be up at the break. I think the Twins will trade Morneau and/or Willingham, opening up a spot for him. I also wonder if Arcia might have value as a trade chip himself to an org that needs hitters but has pitching to spare (if such an org exists).

Badsmerf
04-12-2013, 09:47 AM
You're jumping the gun but I think he'll be up at the break. I think the Twins will trade Morneau and/or Willingham, opening up a spot for him. I also wonder if Arcia might have value as a trade chip himself to an org that needs hitters but has pitching to spare (if such an org exists).
I meant that OF would be the worst defensive OF in the MLB lol.... but they could hit!

mnfanforlife
04-12-2013, 10:14 AM
zach jones is dominating. imagine he's just blowing the fastball past everyone. he's raising his prospect status though. could be the next Crain.. Daniel Ortiz is also doing well. hopefully he can be consistent. he seems to be a streaky player.

Yes! Z. Jones is gonna move quick. Arcia is forcing a call-up, maybe soon with Parm not hitting. We will see. Sano can't catch, but he can hit! Force him up to AA quickly so he can DH next year and move Doumit out of our starting line-up to back-up Mauer (until Pinto is ready)

bobby_baseball
04-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Gibson had 6 k's through 3 IP yesterday before falling apart in the 5th. Reports said he was sitting at 94 mph with the fastball. The stuff is there and he's healthy - he just needs to refine his comand and be stretched out.

Gibson is in the rotation by July 1st. Arcia is up shortly there after. Alex Meyer, Michael Tonkin, Zach Jones are all in the big-leauges by September. Trevor May still a question mark in my mind - he needs to throw strikes.

kab21
04-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Yes! Z. Jones is gonna move quick. Arcia is forcing a call-up, maybe soon with Parm not hitting. We will see. Sano can't catch, but he can hit! Force him up to AA quickly so he can DH next year and move Doumit out of our starting line-up to back-up Mauer (until Pinto is ready)

Are you talking about the Chris Parmelee that has a .801 OPS? Your expectations might be too high...

bobby_baseball
04-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Pinto with his fourth bomb. Possible replacement for Doumit (PT catcher/PT DH)? Are there any reports on his receiving skills?

Josmil Pinto was my pick-to-click. Had a nice year in '12 in a tough FSL. He's not Wilson Ramos - but could be a decent bet to replace Doumitt in a few years and catch 60-80 games alongside Mauer.

70charger
04-12-2013, 10:49 AM

Wait, time out. How is Parmelee not hitting?

His line playing pretty much every game so far is .296/.394/.407 for an .801 OPS. Given the small sample size, it's probably stupid to extrapolate these numbers to a full season, but I'm forging ahead anyway. If he keeps this up, he's looking to be a good deal better than most of the pre-season projections posted on this site (including by me!). A mid-to-high-200s average, good on-base, between 15 and 20 home runs, and between 70 and 90 RBIs is not something you complain about.

I do see his OBP coming down a bit with his batting average, but I think he's got more slugging in him. My initial projection was a full season at about .775 OPS, and I'm standing by that.

As it pertains to Arcia, Parmelee's hitting (and not his lack thereof) is making it more likely that Morneau or Willingham gets moved at the deadline. Willingham goes and Arcia can take over left; Morneau goes and Parmelee can take over first while Arcia slides into right.

diehardtwinsfan
04-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Gibson had 6 k's through 3 IP yesterday before falling apart in the 5th. Reports said he was sitting at 94 mph with the fastball. The stuff is there and he's healthy - he just needs to refine his comand and be stretched out.

Gibson is in the rotation by July 1st. Arcia is up shortly there after. Alex Meyer, Michael Tonkin, Zach Jones are all in the big-leauges by September. Trevor May still a question mark in my mind - he needs to throw strikes.

Given the innings limit and the likelihood that this season will not be a good one, I fully expect Gibson to be in AAA, unless by chance the shift him to the pen at the end of the year and give him a taste.

He's not ready now, and by the time he gets ready, exactly how many innings will he have left?

Oh, and are people going to call Parmalee a failure so long as he cannot OPS over 1.0 in MLB? If he maintains a .800 OPS in his first full year, I'd say his season was an incredible success and a sign of very good things to come.

mnfanforlife
04-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Parm is definitely NOT hitting